The rivet gun serves for assembling or joining two pieces, with one rivet. Involves extreme pressure so that both parts are coupled. If, in any case, you want to join pieces on both sides, a solid rivet is made. But if the portion is joined to a solid side, it is called a blind rivet, since an additional piece is placed for said operation, in the mouth of the Riveter.
The pneumatic riveters, mostly industrial, usually very light and air use is lower than other types of riveters.
Parts of a pneumatic riveter
- Glass collects nails
- Countersunk nozzle
- Quick change nozzle
- Handle with insert
- Cycle counter
Types of the rivet gun
Regarding pneumatic riveting machines, we can distinguish two broad groups:
1. The pneumatic manual riveters, which are those that operate efficiently and are light since they are used by hand. There are different models. Depending on the model, some come with a nail collecting cup, a rod suction system, a rivet counter used, a cycle counter, etc. Also, depending on the model, you can change the nozzles, which allows us to use rivets of different sizes. Likewise, there are more efficient pneumatic riveters, since they use less air. On the other hand, depending on the manufacturer and the model, we will find riveters lighter than others. These types of riveting machines are of the industrial standard.
- Pneumatic riveter for threaded inserts. It is one of the smallest models, weighs just over a kilo and a half, so it is very light and easy to handle. The characteristic of this riveter is that it allows assembling a piece automatically.
- Pneumatic impact riveter. They are riveters that, although very light, are also very resistant for the work to be done. They achieve depths of up to 12 “.
2. The bench riveters or riveters with the foot: they are larger and their weight can be 60 kg up. They are also for industrial use and are not portable. As the name implies, they are usually subject to a workbench, or those standing up are subject to the floor. Within this group of riveters, we find :
- Pneumatic riveter using radial deformation of the metal. Used for any type of assembly. Its head makes durable but soft rivets at the same time, which do not mistreat the fibers that are used.
- Pneumatic riveter using double radial deformation of the metal. It is a standard head version. Its strength can be adjustable, as well as its speed. It has a hit counter.
- Pneumatic riveter for threaded hexagonal inserts. In its head, it has a particular zone, which serves to turn the round hole, already made, into a hexagonal one.