Annoying pimples always appear when they are least needed. A good home remedy for this is cold: In this article, we will introduce you to the ice cube method and explain how it works exactly.
This is how the cold helps against pimples.
Pimples are ultimately inflammation. It is this that often creates the red and bulging appearance of the skin.
- If you have ever sustained an injury such as a torn muscle fiber while exercising, you have probably been advised several times to cool the affected area with an ice pack.
- This is done to reduce swelling and relieve inflammation.
- You can achieve the same effect with ice as a home remedy for pimples.
- The ice has an anti-inflammatory effect, fighting the root of the problem and causing healing. At the same time, it reduces redness and swelling, making the pimple less visible.
The ice cube method: cold against pimples
The ice cube method only works for inflammatory pimples, such as cysts or red pustules. You cannot remove blackheads or other blemishes with this method.
- First, clean your face of any make-up or care residues.
- Then, please pick up an ice cube from a clean ice cube tray and wrap it in a thin, clean cloth or paper towel.
- Now hold the ice cube on the pimple without direct body contact between your skin and the ice, as this could lead to skin irritation and injuries.
- You can cool the pimple for up to a minute. You can then continue with your care or makeup routine as usual.
- Use this method up to two times a day. In the morning, in particular, this can relieve the swelling and make the pimple appear less noticeable.
- Also, make sure not to touch the area or even squeeze out the pimple, but give the ice time to work.
- You should be able to see some relief after just one use. After a few days, the pimple should be completely gone.