You may regret giving your phone number to someone or that certain numbers frequently bother, such as spam from operators. To get rid of it, the best option is number blocking. Here is the procedure to block a number on an iPhone.
How to block a contact on an iPhone
To be able to block an existing contact on an iPhone, several alternatives are possible. For the first process, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the “Settings” application;
- Press the word “Telephone”;
- Then on “Call blocking and identification,”;
- Then on “Block contact,”;
- Then select the contact to block.
Another simpler trick to block an already existing contact on an iPhone is to:
- Go to the “Telephone” application (usually symbolized by a green telephone);
- Once the interface is open, press the “contacts” tab (the list of contacts saved in the device will then appear);
- Find the contact to block;
- Press the contact name;
- Go down to the bottom of the displayed interface;
- Press “block this correspondent.”
How to block a number that is not in the iPhone phone book
If the number to block has not yet been saved in Contacts, here’s how to block it:
- Go to the “Phone” application.
- Press the “Recent” or “Calls” tab.
- Find the number to block.
- Press the icon linked to the number of details. Usually, this icon is represented by a “surrounded i.”
- Go to the bottom of the interface that appears.
- Press the word “Block number.”
- Confirm the choice by pressing “Block” in the pop-up that appears.
Some remarks about blocking numbers on an iPhone
Here is some useful information about blocking a number on an iPhone:
- Blocking phone contact on an iPhone will prevent the iPhone from calling directly, communicating via FaceTime, or sending messages. However, FaceTime calls or messages from the same caller, but their email address will not be blocked.
- It is also possible to temporarily not receive calls by using the “Do not disturb” option.