W hen you go for cleaning the cast iron pan, which could be considered for how to clean it. Moreover, it is also a concern since the use of soap for the pan; keeping in the dishwasher is not safe at all times.
So how do you clean a burnt cast iron skillet? This concern is nothing if you follow the above process and try to apply the tips while cooking something in an iron skillet.
Use a brush to clean cast iron easily.
You can consider a brush as a clean master for your pan. If your skillet was stained from rough cooking, then there isn’t a good option except a brush to cure the iron skillet. Also, use steel wool in the cast iron wizard to get rid of the indecent food sign.
- Soak the used skillet in water for a couple of minutes.
- Apply 1 or ½ tablespoon of liquid dish soap or powdered soap. Rub the pan with the scrub brush.
- Rinse with water. Do the same process twice if your skillet becomes greasier or more marked.
- Oil the entire pan after washing. You can use vegetable or mustard oil, but the best oil for cast iron is vegetable oil.
- Now store in a dry place.
Use lemon juice or salt.
Lemon salt and juice have high power to remove rust from cast iron or burned food. On the other hand, when the two are mixed, they would be a definite cure for cleaning cookware. You can practice vinegar instead of lemon juice, or you can just clean the iron with salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon of salt and 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar, mix accurately.
- Be sure to season the pan with the mixture for 20-30 minutes. Now rub with a scrubber and wash with water.
- Lastly, take a rag, apply oil to the pan, and cover with the cloth. This ingenious technique helps your dishwasher costs.
- You can also apply oil outside of the pan, making the tool look brighter.
- Keep in a dry place.
Tips for cleaning pan more efficiently.
- Try to clean the stained or burned frying pan instantly, even when it is still hot before cooling.
- Do not put the pan in the water for a long time, as it would be responsible for being rusty.
- Use hot water and a stiff sponge or brush. You can wear cleaning gloves as it will protect your hands from too much hot water along with the comfort of a scrubber.
- Try to consume a molten iron dishwasher. It is convenient to do so.
- Rinse in water. After drying, season the pan with vegetable oil or linseed oil. They are the best oil for seasoning cast iron. Proper containers work with pots for an extended period.
- Apply oil inside and out and store it in a dry place.
How to Remove Rust from Cast Iron Skillet – Repair Cast Iron Skillet
Do people often ask how to clean an old cast iron skillet? The above details to wipe the iron skillet from burned and greasy food. Also, when you suffer from durable oxide from not using it for a long time, it is essential to eradicate the oxide quickly. So how can I do it:
1. Use Coca-Cola: You will be wrong if you consider Coca-Cola to be just a drink, know that it also has the power to remove rust from cast iron skillet or even different kinds of metal items.
Immerse cookware overnight. Now scrub cast iron cookware with a steel scrubber or scrub brush on the outside and inside. You will find that the existing oxide will gradually loosen. Apply this process 2 or 3 times until it becomes less rusty.
2. Clean the cast iron skillet with salt and potato: To clean the iron skillet, kosher salt is an ingredient considered to be the best way to clean the cast iron skillet and restore a cast iron and another home like new.
Regular cleaning pan is not a difficult task, even after turning to dirt or rust, you can remove the marks quickly by applying the above process. However, you should pay attention to the care of your iron skillet.
If you’re asking how to clean the stainless steel skillet, I suggest you apply the same process to clean the burned skillet.