Stainless steel is a very fashionable material for household appliances. Additionally, you might also have stainless steel sinks and other fixtures and fittings around the house.
But despite their popularity, it is certain that stainless steel is a messy material and seen from this angle, it is much less interesting for many. Curiosity Insight, therefore, presents the best tips and cleaning products for cleaning stainless steel.
1. Clean the stainless steel with a claystone
Do you know the claystone or silver stone? Claystone is a natural and ecological product that allows you to clean almost everything in the house. But what is wonderful is that the silver stone also helps protect surfaces in addition to making them shine.
2. Cleaning the stainless steel with soapy water
For regular cleaning of stainless steel appliances at home, soapy water is undoubtedly the best way to clean and shine.
- Add dish soap to the water.
- Spray liberally on the stainless steel surface.
- Rub the surface well with a sponge or cloth.
- Dry well to make the stainless steel shine.
To thoroughly dry the stainless steel surface of your appliances, you can use a microfiber cloth. It is the ideal cloth for shining and preventing water or dirt stains on stainless steel.
3. How to clean blackened stainless steel?
If you are looking for a quick and efficient way to clean blackened stainless steel then we have the solution for you or rather the best product to achieve it… Black soap!
You can simply dilute a little black soap with cold water and rub the blackened stainless steel surface. A quick and easy trick to remove stubborn stains on stainless steel but also on a multitude of other surfaces. Because, in fact, black soap is a cleaner and degreaser that allows you to clean almost everything!
4. Homemade recipe with white vinegar
It’s no longer a secret, white vinegar is a powerful multi-purpose cleaner to clean and shine at home. So why not use it to clean stained stainless steel?
- Mix white vinegar and water in equal parts.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dish soap.
- Rub the stainless steel with a sponge or soft cloth.
- Dry well to avoid water spots.
This is a great tip for cleaning and also for making stainless steel shine as if it were new. Whether it is to clean a stainless steel refrigerator or a sink, this homemade trick is very effective. Are you going to test?
5. Cleaning tip with baking soda
Baking soda is another very popular product in the design of household cleaning products. An inexpensive way to clean everything in the house, even your stainless steel appliances, and surfaces.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Make sure the baking soda is completely dissolved.
- Start cleaning with a sponge or soft cloth.
- Rinse with hot water and dry well with a dry cloth.
To thoroughly clean and dry the stainless steel surface at the end of the cleaning, you can of course use a microfiber cloth.
6. Household alcohol against stains
A super-efficient and quick way to remove stubborn stains from stainless steel is to use a little household alcohol, period.
In fact, household alcohol is an effective product for removing stains from a multitude of surfaces including stainless steel. But beware, it is better to test on a small, inconspicuous area to be sure not to damage the surface of your stainless steel furniture or accessory.
Just use a soft cloth or even better a paper towel with a little household alcohol and rub the stained stainless steel. A quick and effective tip against all stains. But as we said, test on a small area before. It’s still a very powerful product, so there you have it, you’ve been warned!
7. A greasy stain on the stainless steel?
- Spray the window cleaner on the stainless steel.
- Rub to quickly remove the grease stain.
- Dry with a microfiber cloth to finish.
You can also use the glass cleaner for various other stains on stainless steel but also on other surfaces such as tiles in the kitchen and the shower for example.
8. Marseille soap
WHAT! Still don’t know Marseille soap? This product is very old and especially more and more popular for those who want an alternative to the traditional laundry soap.
But now, in addition to being used to make your own laundry soap, it is possible to use Marseille soap to clean many other things. And why not use it for cleaning stainless steel?
- Melt the Marseille soap in hot water.
- Soak a sponge in soapy water and rub the stainless steel.
- Dry with a soft cloth or microfiber cloth to finish
For those who do not have Marseille Soap at home, here is some in the form of flakes that you can also use to make your own laundry soap.
9. Oil and lemon to clean the stainless steel
Another homemade cleaner recipe to restore the shine and shine to your stainless steel appliances is a mixture of oil and lemon.
- Mix olive oil with lemon juice
- Soak a sponge and clean the stainless steel.
- Finish with a microfiber cloth to give the surface a good polish.
This trick is effective for shining and polishing stainless steel.