It is always a good idea to have beautiful, clean, shiny tiles. Stains are unwanted and mildew also on ceramic tiles.
So how do you go about cleaning all the tiles in the bathroom? Here are some cleaning tips to have a beautiful, clean tile.
1. Use white vinegar, bleach, and baking soda
Half fill a bucket with lukewarm water and add half a glass of baking soda, two glasses of white vinegar and a glass of bleach to it. Your tiles will shine again.
2. Use toothpaste
Using an old toothbrush, scrub your tiles with a little toothpaste. Leave on for 12 hours and rinse your tiles.
3. Use burn alcohol
Applied with a cotton cloth, it leaves the tiles very shiny. But make sure that the fabric does not release lint. You can also make a mixture with the following ingredients: alcohol and ammonia in equal parts, a jet of detergent, and about half a liter of water.
4. How to do a quick clean
If you want to know how to clean bathroom tiles quickly, one way to clean tiles is to rub them with alcohol, using a rag, right after you shower. The steam given off by the hot water in the shower will have softened the dirt, which can be easily removed with the alcohol-soaked cloth.
5. Apply sodium bicarbonate
The best way to apply it is to dissolve it in water and use it with a sprayer. Baking soda absorbs moisture and, with it, mold. It is convenient to scrub with a small brush, which can be an old toothbrush, for example.
6. Vinegar against fungi
Vinegar for cleaning tiles has already been mentioned above. To act more effectively against fungi, it can be applied directly, without dilution. Please wait a bit for it to work, then rub it with a cloth.
7. Use boric acid or borax
Due to its antifungal power, it is often used in deodorant powders for feet and shoes. In this case, it is better to use it dissolved in water, in the following proportion: half a glass of borax for half a liter of water. After applying the mixture, leave to act and rinse thoroughly with a cloth or sponge and water.
8. Hydrogen peroxide to remove mold
The best thing about hydrogen peroxide is that it kills mold without releasing toxic gases. You need to apply it to the areas that have these humidities and leave it to act for about 15 minutes. It can be spread with a cloth or, more conveniently, with a sprayer. Finally, scrub with a small brush.
9. Apply water vapor
Steamers are very useful for cleaning tiled surfaces. They also clean joints very thoroughly where dirt resists the most. When these are made of silicone, it is advisable to spray them briefly in order not to damage the material. Finish by drying the surface with a cloth.
10. Wash with black soap
Mix lukewarm water and black soap. Take a mop and simply wash your tiles to restore shine. Black soap is ideal for shining a tile.
11. Use bran water
Add one kilogram of bran water to 6 liters of water. Boil for 25 minutes and let cool. Filter the water and add 6 tablespoons of ammonia. Then rub the tiles with this product (using a sponge) and then rinse.
12. Use potatoes
Cook several potatoes and pour the hot cooking water over the tiles. Scrub with a large brush and leave on for 15 minutes. Then mop, rinse, and dry. This is a great tip for cleaning tiles.
13. Apply lemon juice
Mix some lemon juice with hot water. Wash and scrub your tiles with this mixture. Your tiles will be clean, fresh, and smell great.
14. Use starch
Rub your tiles with a little starch. Then rinse and dry everything. You will find all the shine of your ceramic.
15. Wash tiles with hydrochloric acid
Read the instructions carefully before using this product. Then, according to the guidelines, wash your tiles with this product and rinse thoroughly.
16. Using the Deterdek product
This product is a cleaner for ceramic tiles. This product cleans, shines, and removes limescale from your tiles.
17. Use Ajax
Take a sponge with a rough side and rub your tiles with a little Ajax product. Then rinse. Your ceramic tiles will be shiny again.
Dos and Don’ts of cleaning ceramic tiles
Always follow these recommendations when cleaning bathroom tiles:
- Before using a particular mixture or product, it is a good idea to ensure that the material to be cleaned is not damaged. For example, care should be taken with bleach or ammonia, as both can attack the material that supports the design. Please note: ammonia and bleach must never be mixed, as they together give off very toxic vapors.
- Caution is advised when using corrosive products. They must be handled with gloves and must not splash the skin, especially the eyes. Besides, keep the bathroom well ventilated.
- Avoid using tools that can scratch the surface. Therefore, do not use scratching or scratching objects, such as metal scrapers such as awls, scissors, scissors, knives, etc.
- Avoid using products that are too abrasive on all surfaces. It is advisable to test in a minimal area to verify the result before applying them over the entire surface.