No matter how hard you try to wipe off grease splashes in the kitchen, we will always miss some! Also, grease stains are not only visible; they are not still easy to clean.
Fortunately, there are tips for removing grease stains in the kitchen, whether on walls and ceiling, kitchen cabinets, or furniture. Do you not know how to clean grease stains? Here are our tips for removing grease stains in the kitchen.
1. Remove grease stains with a degreaser
There are several degreasers on the market, but are they useful? Yes, but you have to know how to use them properly!
The best tip for getting good results with a kitchen degreaser is to give it enough time to work.
Oily deposits will gradually accumulate in your kitchen. You will need to soak stained surfaces for at least 10 minutes for the active ingredients in your degreaser to take effect.
2. Homemade degreaser recipe for cooking
Do you prefer a natural alternative to degreasers sold in stores? Here is a simple house recipe for an effective degreaser to use in the kitchen:
- 500 milliliters of hot water
- Two tablespoons of liquid dish soap
- 250 milliliters of pure white vinegar
Mix the ingredients well in a bucket and then wash the grease-stained walls, ceiling, and kitchen furniture. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
This degreaser recipe is also useful for melamine furniture, as you can find out here: How to clean yellowed melamine?
3. Dish soap to remove grease stains
If the liquid dish soap effectively removes grease from our baking dishes, it will be just as effective in cleaning grease stains in the kitchen!
Here’s how to do it:
- Add two tablespoons of liquid soap to 500 milliliters of hot water.
- Rub spots with this mixture before rinsing with clear water
4. Clean grease stains with vinegar
Pure white vinegar is an excellent degreaser and will help you naturally remove cooking grease stains from your kitchen.
To remove grease stains in the kitchen, whether on walls or cupboards:
- Dilute one part of white vinegar in 4 parts of hot water. To make your life easier, pour this mixture into a spray bottle.
- Then apply this solution to the grease stains and leave to act for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse with clear water and dry the walls and kitchen furniture thoroughly to finish.
5. Baking soda to remove grease stains
For horizontal surfaces, such as countertops, kitchen furniture, or the oven, you can easily clean off grease stains with baking soda. To do this:
- Combine three tablespoons of baking soda and 1 cup of hot water.
- Mix well, and gently rub the spots with this mixture spread on a sponge.
- Then rinse with warm water and wipe the entire surface.
For light stains, sprinkle a little baking soda on a damp cloth and rub the grease stains before rinsing.
6. Clean the grease stains with lemon
It is not for nothing that several cleaning products contain lemon; it is an excellent degreaser!
To clean cooking grease stains in the kitchen:
- Add the juice of a lemon to 1 liter of water.
- Rub the spots with a sponge soaked in this solution.
It is a natural tip for cleaning grease stains and leaves a pleasant scent of cleanliness everywhere in the house.
7. Coffee grounds to remove grease in the kitchen
Coffee grounds are also a good degreaser, so make a habit of keeping them in an airtight container.
To use it to clean grease stains in the kitchen, sprinkle it on a damp sponge, and gently rub the stains.
Also, it seems that it can decrease the piping under the kitchen sink. It would suffice to pour a little into the conduits and leave to act for a few minutes before rinsing with boiling water.
8. Rubbing alcohol to remove fat in the kitchen
Isopropyl alcohol, or rubbing alcohol, can also be used as a degreaser. In the kitchen, rubbing alcohol will help remove grease stains:
- on glass or chrome surfaces,
- on your household appliances,
- on PVC window frames
- and many others
Rubbing alcohol can be used alone or diluted in water.
Always test on a small hidden part of the object to be cleaned to ensure that the alcohol does not damage the finish.
9. How do I remove grease from kitchen walls?
To degrease the kitchen walls and the cupboards, if their finish allows, wash them with soda crystals. To do this:
- Mix the equivalent of a coffee cup of soda crystals in 1 liter of hot water.
- Hands well protected by gloves, soak a sponge with this degreaser and wash the walls and all surfaces stained with grease.
10. How do I remove the fat from the kitchen hood?
The hood is one of the elements of a kitchen that is most at risk of stained with cooking grease. Make it a habit to clean the hood thoroughly after each use, rubbing it with a soft cloth slightly moistened with household alcohol.
The PTS for cleaning grease stains in the kitchen
If the walls, ceiling, and kitchen cabinets are filthy with cooking grease, especially if you want to repaint the room and obtain a lasting result, clean your kitchen with PTS.
This product, based on trisodium phosphate, is one of the most effective degreasers to buy. PTS is available as a powder to be diluted in water or a ready-to-use liquid form.
Its original very chemical version cannot be considered ecological. However, it is also available in a more “ecological” version.
Grease stains in the kitchen, you may also like:
How to clean your kitchen naturally? Now that you know how to clean the grease from the walls, here are our essential tips for cleaning the whole kitchen.
How to unclog a kitchen sink? Here are also tips and tricks to quickly and efficiently unclog a kitchen sink.
How to remove the smell of fish in the house? You love to eat fish, but you also know how quickly the scent can get loud in the house, right ?!