How to clean melamine cupboards or cabinets? Here are many houses and apartments with melamine cabinets and furniture in the kitchens. Melamine is an easy-care material that also offers good value for money.
We present the best tips for cleaning melamine and other laminated and or lacquered furniture and cabinets or cupboards.
1. Soapy water to clean your kitchen cupboards
The first thing to do to keep kitchen cabinets and furniture clean is to wash them regularly, every week. If possible!
Soapy water is simple and easy to make at home: mix warm water with liquid dish soap.
Non-abrasive, mild, and inexpensive soapy water is the solution for cleaning and maintaining melamine cupboards, thermoplastic cabinets, polyester cabinets, and other laminate and lacquered furniture also.
2. White vinegar to clean your kitchen furniture
To clean laminate furniture and kitchen cabinets here is a natural tip based on white vinegar:
- Pour and mix white vinegar and warm water in a large container.
- Clean the laminate surface with a cloth or sponge with this house cleaner.
- Rinse quickly and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
3. Yellowed melamine, how to clean?
For those who have white melanin kitchen cabinets, a problem may arise, that of the yellowing of the furniture.
This first tip is to use baking soda:
- Mix baking soda with water to form a malleable paste (neither too firm nor too liquid).
- Gently rub the melamine surface with a sponge and the paste, emphasizing the yellow spots.
- Rinse lightly with a damp cloth and dry the surface of the cabinets.
This cleaning tip is also effective on lacquered furniture yellowed by the sun or cigarette smoke.
4. Household alcohol to clean greasy surfaces
Kitchen cabinets and furniture can quickly become greasy and dusty. There is a trick to cleaning up the grease on top of kitchen cabinets:
- Use a soft, damp cloth and add a few drops of household alcohol.
- Rub the greasy surfaces of furniture and cupboards.
- Rub again with a damp cloth and dry to finish.
If you do not have household alcohol, you can also use white vinegar to clean oily stains.
5. Magic eraser to clean melamine
What! Still don’t have a magic sponge at home? This product is as its name suggests magic for removing stubborn stains on almost all surfaces.
This magic sponge is especially useful in removing stubborn stains from kitchen furniture that you cannot remove with soapy water.
6. Glass cleaner for melamine surfaces
No matter what melamine surface to clean the glass cleaner you probably already have at home can do the trick in the kitchen.
- Spray a little glass cleaner on a cloth and clean the melamine cabinet.
- Rub the entire surface with circular movements, emphasizing the spots.
- Repeat as necessary and dry with a microfiber cloth to finish.
7. Marseille soap: natural and effective
Marseille soap is, of course, top-rated for home laundry, but it can also be used to clean melamine kitchen cabinets naturally.
- Just dilute Marseille soap in hot water and use this cleaner to wash the cupboards but also the walls and ceilings of the kitchen and dining room.
8. A cleaner with water and ammonia
Another grandmother’s tip is to mix water with ammonia. This solution is particularly useful in removing stubborn stains and greasy stains from kitchen cabinets and furniture.
9. Water and liquid fabric softener
Another useful trick to effectively clean the top of kitchen cabinets which is often very greasy is to concoct this mixture:
- Mix 3 parts of hot water with 1 part of liquid fabric softener.
- Use paper towels to clean and remove greasy stains.
A simple and effective tip to avoid grease on kitchen cabinets is to cut and place sheets of waxed paper on top of the cabinets.