The refrigerator seal is of paramount importance for your fridge and your food! Unfortunately, over the years, the fridge seal can become very dirty and even greasy. So what to do to avoid ending up with moldy and dirty seals? We offer below the top tips for cleaning fridge seals. Good cleaning!
1. Clean the fridge seal with toothpaste
A grandmother’s first tip for a dirty, moldy fridge joint is to use toothpaste. Indeed, toothpaste is a product widely used for different cleaning tasks in the house.
It is, therefore, possible to clean the refrigerator seal with paste toothpaste (do not use gel toothpaste). As the toothpaste is an excellent sanitizer and, therefore, a deodorant, it is perfect for cleaning the seal of the fridge.
- Apply toothpaste to the joint to be cleaned and leave to act for a few moments.
- Rub with a soft brush or cloth to thoroughly clean and whiten the fridge seal.
2. Clean the fridge and freezer joint with baking soda
And yes, another grandmother’s tip based on baking soda and water. Here’s how to get this cleaning tip right:
- Mix water with baking soda
- Form a kind of soup dough with the 2 ingredients
- Rub and clean refrigerator seals to complete cleaning
Remember to wash thoroughly at the end to remove all traces of bicarbonate on the joints. An excellent tip for cleaning but also for bleaching a fridge joint.
3. Remove mold from the fridge seal
Mold in a house can cause health problems for the occupants, which is why it is important to act quickly, even for a simple moldy fridge joint.
To remove all traces of mold on the joints of the refrigerator vinegar is a very effective natural solution!
- Soak a cloth in white vinegar and rub-down the refrigerator door seal.
- Rinse with a cloth and water to finish cleaning the seal.
No matter what trick you choose to clean the fridge seal, be sure to dry the seal thoroughly before closing the fridge or freezer door to prevent mold from forming.
Cleaning the fridge seal, visitors also liked:
How to clean a fridge? Now that the refrigerator seals are clean and white, why not thoroughly clean your fridge?
How to clean an oven? Why not clean your other household appliances in the kitchen? Now that the fridge is clean, here are some tips for cleaning the oven.
How to clean a silicone seal? Come and discover now our tips and tricks for cleaning and whitening silicone seals.