Cockroaches are never welcome, and no one appreciates their presence. Also, they are of no use in everyday life. Cockroach repellent solutions are, therefore, necessary when these pests invade the house. Even if drugstores offer a range of chemicals, there are some tips to get rid of them without worrying about your health.
Make yourself a cockroach repellent.
Several preparations specially designed against cockroaches are commercially available, but they usually contain harmful human health products. Also, they are rarely environmentally friendly.
The presence of cockroaches does not necessarily indicate that a home is dirty, but the lack of sanitation is a favorable factor for reproducing these insects. So the best cockroach repellant is a clean house. Furniture and floors must be cleaned properly.
A few daily actions can also be simple repellents but effective in the fight against cockroaches. In fact, respecting certain basic hygiene rules may be enough to eradicate these insects, also called cockroaches. It is thus:
- wash the dishes as soon as necessary so as not to leave dirty dishes lying around;
- to clean the kitchen regularly, especially the appliances and the kitchen hood. Thus, cockroaches will no longer venture there to find leftover food;
- avoid leaving lying around anything that can serve them as food, whether it is food crumbs, hair, fingernails, or even glue or water, knowing that these little animals are omnivorous;
- store food properly in hermetically sealed boxes ;
- always put food waste in a closed plastic bag before putting it in the garbage chute;
- to fight against humidity and mold because cockroaches love them;
- to empty the litter boxes of domestic animals daily ;
- and not to let their water stagnate, nor their food to rot.
100% natural products as cockroach repellents
There are several cockroach repellents. Among them, industrial disinfection products and sleet are well known. However, they are harmful to our health. To remedy this, the choice is just as wide in the range of natural cockroach control products. Among the simplest to find and use:
- Eucalyptus essential oil: pour a few drops on newspaper and place in the kitchen cupboards for a very effective cockroach repellent.
- White vinegar: spray in all corners of the house with a spray bottle. It is also effective in warding off other insects.
- Cucumber: to cut into thin slices, then to place everywhere in the corners of the house.
- Baking soda or diatomaceous earth: place in small piles in all strategic corners of the house. These products are good insect repellants.
- Beer: take a rag soaked in beer and place it in the cockroach path to quickly get rid of it.
In this category, red wine, light, cold, boric acid associated with milk, and preparedness in balls are also known for their repellent action. Some also opt for plaster-based mixtures and ultrasonic repellents. All you have to do is choose the solution suited to the habits of the house’s occupants.