From facial massages to anti-aging injections – we reveal how you can successfully smooth out wrinkles on your forehead and even make them disappear completely.
How do forehead wrinkles arise?
The transverse wrinkles on the forehead are caused by compression of the skin. If we distort our facial expressions into a frown or constantly raise our eyebrows, the wrinkles become deeper and deeper. Over the years, the skin’s fatty tissue also decreases continuously, it becomes thinner, and the embossed wrinkles now remain visible even when the forehead is relaxed. The face looks so older and more strained. The so-called frown line running vertically between the eyebrows can become prominent due to the frown and the aging process.
The most effective tips against forehead wrinkles
1. Cream and care
Anti-aging creams don’t keep their promises anyway? Oh but! You have to choose the right ingredients. Creams with retinol (vitamin A), hyaluronic acid, and collagen are perfect for combating the forehead’s wrinkles. These fabrics plump up the skin and hide wrinkles optimally. The face looks nice and smooth.
But creams alone cannot work miracles: To be able to enjoy young and healthy skin for a long time, a balanced lifestyle with a good diet, a lot of sleep, little stress, and without alcohol or cigarettes is necessary. Protection against UV rays is also particularly important because the sun causes the greatest damage to the skin.
A facial massage in between helps naturally to keep the forehead nice and taut. It is best to massage in some olive oil (provides moisture) or facial oil ( suitable for your skin type) and gently pat in with your flat fingertips. Tapping stimulates blood circulation, and the skin can regenerate.
3. Exercise muscles
Just like we work on our abdominal muscles for a slim waist or do push-ups for taut upper arms, the face muscles can also be trained. With this mini-workout for the forehead, the muscles stay fit, elastic and fewer wrinkles form:
- Place your fingers horizontally on your forehead so that the fingertips touch in the middle. Press lightly against the skin.
- Now pull your eyebrows up firmly and hold for six to ten seconds, then relax. By applying gentle pressure, the fingers ensure that no creases form during this movement, which would otherwise have the opposite effect.
Due to everyday stress, we often automatically tense the facial muscles and unconsciously pressure the eyes, jaw, and forehead. A gentle finger massage already loosens cramped muscles well. It would help if you also allowed yourself rest periods during the day, pause briefly, and calm thoughts and feelings. The forehead can relax; the expression transforms into a significantly softer and younger facial expression.
5. Cut bangs
If you suffer from anger or forehead lines, you can hide them with a clever hairstyle trick. A pony, for example, optimally hides the wrinkles. Caution: Please do not cut/regrow too long – if your hair droops down to the lashes, your eyes appear smaller, and you look older.
6. Beauty treatments: Botox, hyaluronic acid & Co.
The wrinkles’ injection is probably the most effective and fastest and most radical method against forehead wrinkles. Therefore, the pain, costs, and stress for the body should always be considered and discussed with the doctor. The following treatments are possible for a smooth forehead:
- Botox: The famous wrinkle killer botulinum toxin is injected directly into the affected muscle. The active ingredient immobilizes it, it can no longer contract, and this effect perfectly smoothes wrinkles. There can also be fewer forehead lines because the skin does not compress. On the other hand, facial expressions can seem a bit frozen. And: Botox only lasts three to six months, after which it needs a refresher.
- Hyaluronic acid: This active ingredient is already found in its natural form in the body’s connective tissue and is an important ingredient in anti-aging skincare products. Human-made, the substance is injected directly into the skin at the doctor’s to plump up wrinkles. The advantage over Botox: The hyaluronic acid treatment allows the skin to bind and retain liquid and thus looks fresh and vital long after the treatment.
- Laser skin resurfacing: With this type of treatment, superficial and deep wrinkles can be “erased” by laser beams. They also stimulate the body’s natural collagen production – the substance that ensures firm connective tissue. This process improves the elasticity of the skin even after the treatment. The laser treatment should not be underestimated; however: it requires local or general anesthesia, the laser injures the skin, is prone to inflammation and irritation, and takes up to six weeks to fully recover from the treatment.