Are you looking for an effective rat trap? Rats are loathsome and sometimes carry diseases and germs. No one wants them in their backyard or worse in the house, and that’s perfectly normal.
1. Kill the rats with an electric trap
If you are looking for how to kill a rat quickly, the solution is the electric trap. Indeed the electric trap is a speedy way to eradicate all the rats in the house or elsewhere.
This type of trap can be used to kill both rats and mice in your home. This is often the best way to get rid of a large number of rats in a house, cottage, or elsewhere.
2. Peppermint, a natural repellent against rats
Rats and mice hardly appreciate the smell of mint and, more particularly, peppermint. So How to use peppermint against rats?
- Plant mint seedlings directly in the garden and flower bed to scare away rats
- Put mint plants on the patio, balcony, and even in the house.
- Make bunches of peppermint and place them around the house.
Remember to choose peppermint as other species of mint are not as useful as a natural repellant.
3. Scare away the rats with an ultrasonic repellent
There are also ultrasonic repellents on the market that emit vibrations and sound waves as a method of regrowth. This type of repellent can be useful in warding off rats, repelling mice, but also in scaring moles and other small rodents away from the house.
Since there are many ultrasound devices out there, it is essential to read consumer reviews and comments to make the best choice and purchase. In this sense, 10 Tips offers you below a proven ultrasound device, the Heavy Duty Sonic model from the company Victor.
4. Grandma’s recipe for killing rats
Did you know that plaster can be used to kill rats? Of course, this is a drastic way to get rid of rats, but it takes the right things, especially if you have several rats in the house. So how do you use plaster to eliminate rats in a home? Here is the homemade recipe:
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of white flour
- Then add 1 tablespoon of plaster
- Mix the 2 ingredients well
Be careful not to add too much plaster as the rats may wander away from your trap due to its smell. It is, therefore, necessary to record the amount of plaster and white flour.
Rats that love to eat flour will eat this preparation and then be killed by the plaster cast. This is an excellent tip for exterminating rats in the house or elsewhere. Of course, if you don’t want to handle and see dead rats, it is better to choose another trick or buy an electric rat trap.
5. Use an effective rat trap
Many rat traps can be purchased to kill rats that invade the house, shed, or cottage. Whether in the form of a cage. Sticky traps or traps, it is essential to make the right choice.
6. A spicy rat remedy
If you like natural remedies and repellents, then here is a natural and effective grandma’s remedy for rats. To make this repellent, you must:
- Mix a spoonful of cayenne pepper and a spoonful of Tabasco
- Then add half a spoonful of liquid dish soap
- Mix the ingredients in two cups of water
- Spray this rat repellent around the house to scare away critters.
This is not a homemade rat killing product, but a repellent. With this grandmother’s remedy, you will quickly keep rats but also mice, cockroaches, and voles away from the garden and the house.
7. A cage to catch live rats
If you don’t want to kill the rats, why not use a capture cage to catch the rats alive? It is, without a doubt, one of the best ways to catch rats in a house but also outside the home.
Of course, to catch a rat or catch a mouse, you have to add bait inside the cage. But this is what appeal to attract rats? Here are some bait ideas for catching rats with this trap or the other traps mentioned earlier in this article:
- peanut butter
After a few weeks of testing and following the many opinions and comments from our readers, we finally made our choice on a particular rat trap model. This trap is very weather resistant and can therefore be used both indoors and outdoors. For the fight against rats, it’s hard to beat this capture cage.
8. An anti-rat plant as a repellent
Several plants can be useful as a repellant against rats and other small rodents. But now, which anti-rat plant to choose?
- Angelica is a beneficial plant against rats. Its scent repels rats and mice.
- Peppermint and pennyroyal is another hated repellent plant for rats, mice, and other rodents.
- Eucalyptus is another repellent plant. (especially effective against mice on the other hand)
You can therefore plant these different plants near your house or in your garden to quickly scare away rats and other unwanted rodents. Other repellent plants act as excellent natural repellents against other rodent species.
9. A rat poison, effective and rapid against rats
There are rat poisons in the form of pastes or cereals, which are excellent products against rats. Rats will like to consume these products, which will then be fatal to them after a few days or hours.
10. Cola against rats
Did you know that cola can be very useful for warding off rats from the house? It is thanks to the caffeine found in cola. So how do you use coca-cola as an anti-rat?
- Pour coca-cola in a small bowl.
- Place one or more bowls where rats roam the house.
- Add half a tablespoon of espresso (to make the trap even more effective against rats)
Since rats love the taste of cola, they will drink the liquid and, therefore, the caffeine, and it will quickly eliminate them. This trick causes a rapid increase in heart rate in addition to causing swelling of the belly and other health problems in rats.
11. The cat, effective against rats!
Do cats chase rats? Excellent question, and the answer is YES!
Indeed, cats catch mice, but also rats. They are formidable warriors, so why not let your cat roam the yard and fight a deadly rat battle? It’s a great way to scare rats very far away from your yard and home, and even kill them.
Be careful not to let your cat enter the house with a mouse or worse a dead rat in the mouth. Rats can carry diseases, so be careful!