The sight of spiders often sends chills down your spine. They enter the house through windows, doors, holes, and cracks in the walls. It is also possible that these insects pass through the roof, the cellar, r the ducts. These eight-legged invertebrate animals weave webs every day. Removing the installed fabric is, therefore, insufficient. Overview of effective tips to easily get rid of spiders.
Using plants to get rid of spiders
There are different natural repellents to keep spiders away from the house.
This plant is an excellent repellent against spiders. It is possible to choose between the methods. The first is to regularly diffuse lavender essential oil in every room of the house. It is advisable to spread a few drops of lavender essential oil on lavender bouquets for a lasting result. They must then be placed in all corners of the house to hunt spiders.
The essential oils of rose geranium and Java lemongrass are also good repellents against arachnids.
- Tomato leaves
With a few tomato leaves placed at the edge of the doors and windows, the spiders will immediately leave the house. The leaves should be replaced as soon as they are dry.
- Pour 5 to 10 drops of mint essential oil in a spray bottle;
- Add hot water;
- Close the spray bottle and shake;
- Spray the solution obtained on the passage points of the spiders.
This operation should be repeated every 2 days from mid-August to the end of September.
To get rid of spiders, just:
- Cut chestnuts in half;
- Place these fruits in the corners of the house;
- Change them every week.
Chestnut leaves are also effective in controlling spiders. You have to place them on the windowsills.
- Horse chestnut
Horse chestnut extract keeps spiders away from the house.
- Pick up a few chestnuts whose capsule is still green;
- Cut the fruit in half;
- Pour a few drops of chestnut essential oil over the fruits;
- Place near doors, windows, under and above cabinets, etc.
- The Cedar
To repel spiders easily, cedar chips should be placed in all entry points and infected areas. Another tip: spread cedar mulch around the house and in the garden. Citrus peels are also effective.
Hunt spiders with a homemade repellent
Spiders hate essential oil smells. To prepare a powerful repellent yourself, you can choose between:
- Lemon essential oil;
- Grapefruit essential oil;
- Repair leaks from faucets and pipes;
- Lemongrass essential oil;
- Cinnamon essential oil;
- Essential tea tree oil.
Here are the ingredients to make a liter of repellent solution:
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar;
- 6 drops of essential oil (with the possibility of mixing up to 3 products);
- 1 liter of water.
2 tablespoons of 70 ° alcohol can replace white vinegar.
- Pour all the ingredients into a spray bottle;
- Shake well before any use;
- Spray this solution in areas affected by spiders such as the corners of walls, baseboards, window frames, etc.).
To repel spiders, it is also advisable to treat the exterior of the house with this preparation. Doors and windows must be closed before spraying them. This operation must be repeated every week in September and October.
When spraying, it is necessary to keep small children, pregnant or lactating women, and animals away. Another precaution to be observed: ventilate the rooms to be treated.
Prepare a repellent without essential oils
- Ammonia-based repellent
- Mix one part water with one part ammonia in a spray bottle;
- Close the bottle, then stir;
- Spray around entry points and in areas where spiders weave their webs.
For an effective and lasting result, it is possible to apply this repellent once a week.
Using a cloth is an alternative to the spray bottle. Just soak it in the solution and treat all entry points.
- Saltwater repellent
- Dissolve 30 g of salt in 2 liters of hot water;
- Spray the spray in the entry points to repel the spiders.
To fight against proliferation, it is necessary to repeat this operation every week. It is also possible to spray this repellant directly on the spiders to kill them.
- Tobacco-based repellent
- Pour hot water into a spray bottle (fill almost to the brim);
- Pour a pinch of tobacco;
- Let steep for about an hour;
- Spray in all entry points.
Tobacco has a strong odor that will scare spiders away. Another tip: spread it around the house.
- Vinegar spray
- Prepare a mixture of 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar in a spray bottle;
- Stir well;
- Apply this preparation around window frames, doorways, etc.
For more efficiency, it is advisable to use this vinegar spray once a week.
- Alum stone
- Mix 50 g of alum powder with 500 ml of lukewarm water;
- Pour the preparation into a 500 ml spray bottle;
- Spray in the passage points of the spiders.
- Icing sugar and baking soda
- In a cup, pour icing sugar and baking soda in equal quantities;
- Once the spiders are stuck in the cup, throw them outside.
Using diatomaceous earth
The diatomaceous earth is effective in limiting the proliferation of ders in the house. Harmless to humans and pets, it also kills mites, carpenter ants, silverfish, bugs, fleas, etc. Insects that come into contact with this natural powder die 24 to 72 hours after their dehydration.
To fight against an invasion of spiders, it is necessary to:
- To do the housework ;
- Remove all traces of cobwebs;
- Ventilate the rooms to be treated;
- Sprinkle diatomaceous earth in every corner of the house.
Gloves are recommended for those with sensitive skin when using Diatomaceous Earth. Finally, it is advisable to keep this product in a dry place, especially out of children’s reach.