Your eyebrows frame your face and give it structure. That’s why it’s important to give your brows the attention they deserve. While some prefer to entrust the task to a beautician, others choose to maintain their eyebrows themselves.
Do you think it’s too risky? Here are our top tips for getting the perfect brow line on your own and without the mess.
1. How to form beautiful eyebrows that look natural?
To have beautiful eyebrows that look natural, you have to follow a few steps:
- Create a believable arch. Pointed arches can give you a surprised or angry expression permanently. So if you don’t have a high arch but want to create a subtle one, hold an eyebrow pencil against your nostril and line it up diagonally with the center of your eye. This is exactly where any arch should go naturally.
- Then, with an eyebrow brush, brush the hairs of your eyebrows downwards. With the product of your choice, slightly alter the shape of your eyebrows, creating a slight peak where your natural arch is. Finally, replace the bristles with the brush so that they resume a natural appearance.
2. For perfect brows, pay attention to the tips of your brows!
Overextending the tail of your eyebrows can create a droopy effect, pulling your face downward. Your eyebrows naturally stop at a point that lifts your face.
So to determine where the tip of your eyebrows should end, hold an eyebrow pencil diagonally over your nostril and line it up with the side of your eye. Where the pencil touches your brow bone, this is where the tip of your brow should end.
3. How to make your eyebrows in a pencil?
Use light, quick movements to create more realistic hairs. Do not fill in your eyebrows, whether with pencil, eyebrow powder, or wax. The goal is to mimic the tiny hairs that make up your eyebrows by applying small strokes with the pencil (or an angled brush and powder) in the direction your bristles grow.
4. Eyebrow waxing at home
To get the perfect eyebrow for women, all you need is a good pair of tweezers, a mirror in a well-lit room, and follow these tips for a good result:
- Identify the start of your eyebrows: Turn your tweezers over so that the open end is facing down and place them vertically along the outer edge of the bottom of your nose. The point where the tip of the plier’s lands marks the start of your forehead (which should be about 2-3 cm above the inner corner of your eye).
Using an eye pencil, draw a vertical line to mark the start of each eyebrow, then verify that the space above the bridge of your nose is centered between them. Remove the excess hair between your eyebrows by making the hairs at the root and slowly pulling them out.
- Mark the tips: Place the forceps at an angle against your cheek so that the open end is at the bottom of your nose and the other end reaches the outer corner of your eye. The place where the clamp touches your forehead is where the hair should end. Mark it with the eye pencil, then pluck the hairs beyond this line.
- Determine the desired thickness: Starting just below the widest part of your forehead, use an eye pencil to draw a line along the bottom edge of your forehead; it should be placed on top of the excess hair and follow the natural shape of your upper brow line, which may be angled, slightly curved, or even straight. Depilate excess hair below this line.
Now that you know how to pluck your eyebrows properly, here is another article to discover: How to have beautiful eyes?
5. What is the Lebanese eyebrow for women?
The fashion being with the thick and provided eyebrow, several women turn to the Lebanese eyebrow technique. Offering a high density and a precise shape, the Lebanese eyebrow gives structure to the face while enhancing the look.
How to achieve Lebanese eyebrows?
The technique to achieve this is very different from that commonly used to pluck the eyebrows. Indeed, it consists of plucking the eyebrows by wedging the hairs between 2 twisted threads. As this technique requires know-how, it is better to entrust this task to experts.
Be warned, the hair removal technique to get a beautiful Lebanese eyebrow can be rather painful! But in expert hands, you will have beautiful, thick, full eyebrows with a natural look.
6. Have beautiful eyebrows, for men too!
Eyebrow maintenance for men is not done for the same purposes as women and is not done in the same way. You want to keep that masculine look but clean your eyebrows a bit. A simple tune-up will make them look better. Sometimes it is enough to trim the eyebrows lightly or remove a few hairs here and there.
If you have excess hair between your eyebrows, you can pluck it. How much to remove is a personal choice, but the tendency is to clean that area well and avoid the single-brow look, but not remove too much to maintain a natural look.
Male eyebrows can be thick and still look groomed. This thickness balances the face’s features, especially if you have large eyes or an angular face.
Do not hesitate to consult a beautician if you do not feel comfortable doing the maintenance of your eyebrows yourself. She will know how to clean your eyebrows while maintaining your masculine appearance properly.
7. Castor oil for hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows
The oil that you absolutely must know and use for your beauty treatments is castor oil. This oil has always been widely used and appreciated by men and women.
This 100% organic and natural oil is mainly used for hair growth and is also very effective for taking care of your eyelashes and eyebrows. So you can use castor oil for:
- Stimulate hair growth
- Accelerate eyelash growth
- Decrease the presence of dandruff
- Help against broken and split nails.
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles of the skin