What was a luxury for families of yesteryear, has become a necessity in today’s home. The washing machine and dryer work daily for endless hours to keep the whole family in a new set of clothes. Although the task of installing a washer and dryer may seem at first sight to be a gigantic task, it is quite easily accomplished with the right tools and parts.
- Connect the two water pipes to the wall service port and the washing machine, following the marking on the pipe connections. The cold connection of the water hose to the wall valve will be marked with the letter “C” Screw one end of the cold water hose to this valve. Connect the other end of the cold water hose to the connection on the washing machine marked “C.” The hot water hose connections are marked at each end with the letter “H.” Screw one end of the heated water hose to the wall tap marked “H.” Connect the other end of the hot water hose to the connection on the washing machine marked with an “H.”
- Connect the washing machine drain hose to the drain port on the bottom rear of the washing machine. The drain hose will stand on the flaps fitting protruding from the back of the washing machine. Push the drain hose to the fitting, and install the clamp for securing the machine drain hose washing. Place the opposite end of the drain hose into the port labeled wall Service “Drain” by merely lowering the end hose down the receiver. The weight of the tube will stay in place.
- Plug the 110-volt cord of the washing machine into the electrical outlet on the wall.
- Turn on both water taps in the wall service port and check for tightness of the connections. This will complete the washing machine installation.
- Connect the flexible vent dryer to the deep discharge connection at the bottom of the dryer back. Slide the flexible duct completely over the discharge connection and install the hose clamp supplied with the adjustable vent. Connect the other end of the vent hose dryer to the wall drain fitting on the wall. Push the flexible vent hose fully onto the fitting and install the hose clamp supplied with the hose.
- Connect the 220-volt outlet of the dryer to the 220-volt outlet on the wall service port receptacle. This card cannot be in the socket one way. Turn the cap in the desired orientation to fully plug the cord into the box. With the flexible electrical and ventilation lines connected, the installation of the dryer is complete.
Tips and Warnings
- Use new pipe joints at each end of the hot and cold water pipe fittings to help prevent water leaks.
- Ensure the dry flexible vent line will not become clogged or crushed during installation or while the dryer is operating.
- Ensure that the hot and cold water pipes are not kinked or twisted during installation or operation of the washing machine.