How to iron a shirt? Clothes are wrinkled quickly, and unfortunately, it can be frowned upon to go out wearing clothes that are wrinkled, finally for many people.
Fortunately, there are some straightforward tips and tricks that will help you remedy this crumpled clothing problem. We present its best tips for ironing clothes. Good ironing, friends!
How To Iron A Shirt Properly Step by Step?
1. Steam the clothes in the dryer
Did you know that it is possible and quick to straighten clothes directly in the dryer? Here is a super quick and straightforward tip to quickly iron a garment directly in your dryer at home.
Of course, you have to be careful because some shirts or other fragile clothing and fabrics can be damaged due to the hot air released in the dryer.
Here is how to make this garment smoothing machine successful:
- Place a damp towel in the dryer.
- Remove the crumpled shirt (or other clothing) afterward.
- Start the machine and let it run for a few minutes (set the device to low temperature if possible)
Leave in the dryer for about 5 minutes to remove any wrinkles from the shirt or other wrinkled clothing. Check from time to time to be sure not to overheat the clothes at the risk of damaging them and even burning them (hence the importance of setting them at a low temperature to not damage the fabric).
2. A steamer to steam a shirt
Whether at home or on the road, a shirt can quickly become wrinkled. This is why the purchase of a garment steamer can soon become essential for steaming shirts and clothes. It is an excellent product for quickly removing a wrinkle on pants, a shirt, and other crumpled garments.
3. Hang the wrinkled garment in the shower
The shower thing for smoothing clothes, you know? The best way to iron a garment is, without a doubt, moisture. So for cotton, linen, wool, or even silk clothing, the humidity in a shower and a bathroom is ideal against wrinkled clothes and to remove wrinkles.
For this tip, you must:
- Run hot water in your shower
- As soon as there is steam, turn off the water.
- Hang the crumpled shirt or another item of clothing in the shower
- Close the bathroom door
Leave the clothes to be ironed in the bathroom for 15 to 30 minutes for good ironing out of the fabric.
4. Why not a simple iron?
Of course, the most simple and effective way to smooth out, de-wrinkle, and remove wrinkles on a garment remains the use of an iron. Nowadays, there are outstanding irons and irons, especially with excellent value for money, nothing to do with our old iron from a long time ago.
5. Use a steam generator better than the simple iron
The steam generator is nothing more than a luxury iron to iron your clothes quickly and efficiently. The real difference between the good old iron and the steam generator is that the latter uses much more steam. No wrinkles will resist the power of this device!
6. Smooth out a shirt with a flat iron
An iron, a steam generator, or a steamer can take up a lot of travel luggage, right! If you don’t want to bring such a device on your next trip, why not use your wife’s flat iron?
And yes, the flat iron will act as an iron, perfect for ironing a shirt or other garment. Of course, you will not be able to iron a whole garment but only part of it. Be careful not to burn the fabric of your beautiful shirt with this tip; you are warned!
It’s a quick and practical tip to quickly remove a crease on a shirt when you don’t have an iron on hand.
7. Iron with a hairdryer … How?
Have you ever thought of using a hairdryer to iron a shirt or other clothes at home? As surprising as it may seem, the hairdryer is a useful accessory for removing wrinkles from clothing. Here’s how to do it:
- Hang the crumpled shirt on a hanger
- Slightly wet the wrinkles to make them disappear on your laundry.
- Pass the hairdryer a few centimeters from the shirt
Wrinkles on your shirt or garment will smooth out quickly thanks to the heat. It is a super tip for home or even when traveling if you don’t have an iron in your luggage.
8. A warm, damp towel
What! Still haven’t found the perfect trick to smooth out all your clothes easily? A wet towel is all you need for this tip.
- Place a warm, damp towel on the wrinkled garment.
- With your hands, smooth the garment to remove the wrinkles.
- Repeat as needed for more stubborn creases
It is a simple and effective tip for a crumpled shirt and exceptionally safe for delicate clothes.
9. Concoct a special anti-wrinkle recipe
If you like to test grandmother’s remedies, then here is just for you a recipe which should be useful for you. You need for this solution:
- 100 ml liquid fabric softener
- 100 ml white vinegar
- 200 ml cold-warm water
Pour the 3 liquids into a spray bottle and then spray the garment to smooth it out quickly. It is top as an anti-wrinkle remedy! Be careful, though, with delicate fabrics to not damage them with this trick; you are warned!
10. A pot of boiling water
If you don’t have an iron at home or a flat iron, then boiling water may be another solution to test for your crumpled clothes. For this tip, you must:
- Boil water in a cauldron
- Hang the crumpled garment above the cauldron
- Let the hot steam iron the garment
The steam will steam the fabric of your shirt or other garments quickly.
Be careful not to burn yourself with boiling water or damage your clothing because of the heat given off by the oven ring.
11. Wrap the garment in a damp towel
Much like the last tips and tricks presented above, this other tip requires the power of water and humidity to remove wrinkles on your clothes. So to iron without ironing, here is what you can do with a large towel:
- Wet a bath or beach towel
- Spread the cloth on a flat surface (directly on the floor)
- Place the crumpled garment on top
- Roll up the towel and clothing tightly and leave to act for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, check the garment to be sure that all the creases are gone. Leave on longer for a very crumpled shirt.
12. Make a homemade iron
How to make a homemade iron to iron a garment quickly? If you have to iron a shirt or pants to remove a noticeable crease, we may have the solution for you.
- Boil water in a saucepan
- After a few minutes, remove half of the water in the pan.
- Pass the lower part of the cauldron over the wrinkled garment
It is imperative to make relatively quick movements so as not to burn or damage your clothing fabric.
If you have a delicate item of clothing, it is better to invest in purchasing a real iron or a steamer.
13. Place the garment in the freezer
If you have a very wrinkled garment and don’t know what to do with it, then we have the perfect tip for you. The cold of the freezer!
And yes, just put the crumpled garment in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hours. Then take it out, and you will find that it is almost all smoothed.
You can also pair this tip with the iron. You will find that it is much easier and faster to iron a garment that has just come out of the freezer.