Tips for toilets that always smell good! What could be more unpleasant than a toilet that smells terrible, very bad? Whether natural odors or odors caused by humidity, we must eliminate them to be able to take full advantage of this room, which is one of the most used in the house.
Curiosity Insight, therefore, offers you the top best tips to do away with bad-smelling toilets.
1. An air purifier for a toilet that smells good
With this device, you will be able to remove bad smells from toilets in addition to those caused by humidity, cigarette smoke and many others. The air purifier filters the ambient air and destroys the germs and bacteria that are the source of bad smells in the home.
Most of the models available are easy to use and maintain. There are high-end models for an entire house but also smaller models. If you want to eradicate bad odors and bacteria responsible for these bad odors, better invest in a successful model.
2. A moisture absorber for
If your bathroom is not well equipped to remove moisture, unpleasant odors will develop there. You should then opt for a moisture absorber. This device works thanks to a block of granules of active agents, which absorbs the ambient humidity and thus controls the proliferation of bad odors. The moisture absorber is an ecological choice and it does not consume electricity.
3. Toilet smelling products
You will find on the market a whole range of deodorant products for the home and toilets, some more effective than others.
- Devices containing essential oils to plug into an electrical outlet
- Distributors that are attached to the bowl
- Scented candles
- Essential oil diffusers
- Commercial potpourri.
As you can see, the choice is almost endless. Also, each of these products comes in a wide range of fragrances. As there is something for all tastes and budgets, you will just have to choose your favorite room fragrance for your toilet.
4. Crack a match against toilet odors
Have you ever heard of the odor match trick? It is a straightforward tip; however, it may be very effective against bad smells.
Indeed, to quickly eliminate odors following your visit to the toilet: strike a match! Let it burn a little, then throw it in the bowl. The burning sulfur will magically eliminate bad odors. Make sure always to leave matches near the toilet, your guests will appreciate them too.
5. Baking soda to absorb toilet odors
The absorbency of baking soda will be particularly useful in toilets. Indeed, you will only have to leave a saucer or a small bowl filled with bicarbonate on the vanity counter and the odors will disappear as if by magic.
6. How to remove the smell of urine in the toilet?
Do your toilets regularly smell like urine as if you were at a gas station? Use this recipe to remove this unpleasant scent effectively:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
How to do:
- Make a paste with lemon juice and baking soda
- Apply the paste with a cloth around the base of the toilet and over the entire surface of the bowl
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes
- Using a spray bottle, sprinkle pure white vinegar wherever you applied the paste
- Wait until the fizzing stops, then wipe with a clean cloth
7. Eliminate toilet odors with white vinegar
Take advantage of the antibacterial and deodorant properties of white vinegar to clean the toilet and eliminate unwanted bathroom odors thoroughly. Here’s how to make this cleaning tip a success:
- Soak a cloth in pure white vinegar and rub the entire surface of the bowl, not forgetting the gaps and joints.
- Then pour 130 milliliters of vinegar into the toilet tank.
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes and flush the toilet a few times to finish cleaning the toilet.
White vinegar is a natural product that everyone should use to clean and eliminate bad odors in a home.
8. Deodorize the toilet with lemon juice
Another homemade recipe to remove odors from the toilet is:
- Heat half a cup of fresh lemon juice
- Then add 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Pour everything into the bowl, and leave to act for 15 minutes.
- Then add hot water to the bowl, and activate the flush to rinse.
In addition to deodorizing, lemon juice will remove stains from the bowl. A super simple trick to do but very effective against bad toilet odors.
9. Scent the toilet naturally
Most commercial air fresheners are filled with environmentally harmful chemicals, and not everyone has a heady scent. Fortunately, there are homemade recipes for creating a natural room scent that will take away bad smells from the toilet.
Here are a few to help you get a toilet that always smells good:
- Deodorant with baking soda and essential oil: In a glass jar, pour bicarbonate to which you will have added a few drops of the essential oil of your choice. Close the jar with a square of tulle and a ribbon. In addition to being decorative, this deodorant will pleasantly perfume your bathroom.
- A homemade spray: In a spray bottle, combine 30 milliliters of denatured alcohol or vodka, 60 drops of lemon essential oil, 40 drops of bergamot, 20 drops of Petitgrain Bigarade and 8 drops of Melaleuca. Shake well and spray.
- Homemade potpourri recipe: A mixture of citrus peel, spices including star anise and cinnamon, eucalyptus leaves, or other fresh product dry in the oven at 140° Celsius. Place everything in a nice bowl in your bathroom.
- A homemade scented candle: Make your scented candles by adding a few drops of the essential oil of your choice to the melted wax. You will easily find on the web the steps necessary to make candles.
- Essential oil diffuser: Get an essential oil diffuser that works with a candle, and choose your favorite oil. Lavender essential oil is among the most popular. Not only will it perfume your toilet, but it will also bring you a feeling of calm and serenity during your visits to the bathroom.
Visitors always smelled good, visitors also liked:
How to disinfect WC toilets? How would you like to have a toilet that smells good if you never disinfect the toilet? Come and discover our top tips and tricks for disinfecting toilets.
How to remove the smell of moisture? The smell of humidity in a house and a bathroom is not pleasant. Here are our tips to quickly eliminate this smell of moisture.
How to remove bad odors in the house? Here are many other tips, tricks and remedies for bad odors in the house.