How many times have you complained about parading your tights, your yellow halos under your arms, or the stench of your sneakers? And you see, there is a solution to all the little hassles and without spending a fortune.
It is with little tricks worthy of those lavished by our ancestors that life becomes a little easier daily. Curiosity Insight offers you ten essential tips that will make your life easier!
1. How to remove the pills from your favorite sweater?
It is a scourge that affects everyone: pilling! One of you has never worn your favorite sweater and discovered an army of pills on it. Cashmere, Wool, or synthetic materials, can quickly appear and are not always synonymous with inadequate quality clothing.
To overcome the pilling, arm yourself with a pair of scissors or a razor.
Contrary to what we read here and there, it is essential not to remove the pills by hand or with tweezers. By pulling on the pellet, you will only make another appear more quickly.
Team razor against pills: place your garment on a flat surface and gently pass the blade over it. It would help if you did not cut or even ruin your clothing.
Team scissors to eliminate pilling: a few scissors, and you’re done.
Remember to put your clothes likely to pill inside out and in a net before putting them in the washing machine.
2. How to remove makeup stains?
Who has never noticed a pencil stain, mascara, or foundation on the t-shirt or a sleeve? And whatever the garment’s color and material, it is not an easy task to remove these stains only by machine.
First reflex NOT to have: clean with water or makeup remover. Apart from spreading the stain or fixing it, you would get absolutely nothing.
The lipstick stain: apply shaving foam. Let the magic work for 10 minutes, and voila.
The mascara stain: mix equal parts of water and white vinegar. Then apply to the stained garment.
The foundation stain: ether is an effective detergent. However, it is to be used with caution. Once applied to the stain, then proceed to the usual washing.
Blush, powder, or tan stain: same recipe as with mascara. Mix water and white vinegar, then apply to the stain.
3. How to remove sweat stains naturally?
No one escapes perspiration and yellow spots under the armpits. No one can tell you that she is not facing this problem. Perspiration spots are most often caused by the accumulation of sweat and aluminum present in deodorants.
It isn’t delightful, especially when it comes to our favorite top. So what can we do to make this ugly stain of sweat disappear?
Two tips are available to you:
Oxygenated water: with a cloth soaked in oxygenated water, rub the stain. Rinse frequently wash in your machine.
Lemon juice: it is the ideal ally to remove stains from sweat on your white clothes. Especially with delicate materials. Dab the stain with a cloth previously immersed in lemon juice. Leave to dry and then go to the washing machine.
4. How to stop spinning your tights?
In the list of “clothing” problems or how irritating, the tights that spin are placed in pole position. When you know that a pantyhose costs an average of $10, it’s quite a budget to change it each time you use it.
To spare your nerves and your wallet, head to the kitchen. Please put on your tights for ten minutes before wearing them, and you’re good to go. As you leave them, you will see that the tights’ fibers will be much more durable.
And if the damage is already done, but it is still a small hole or a crack that cannot be seen, we go through the varnished box. A little bit of transparent or colored varnish (depending on the color of your tights), and nothing moves. You can then resume the freezer process.
Small extra tip, moisten your hands before putting on your tights. This will avoid addicts.
5. How to prevent your jeans from fading?
It’s your favorite pair of jeans. It goes well with all your pairs of shoes. Whether your look is casual, dressy, and streetwear, it fits perfectly. You like it. It’s the best. BUT, because there is always one, but it starts to fade. Misery, what to do?
When machine washing your denim clothes, add white vinegar. Shared tip, it’s your turn!
6. How to clean your jewelry?
Earrings, bracelets, or rings tarnish over time. Contact with the skin, the acidity of sweat, friction, chlorine, chemicals, and even treatments such as creams and perfumes make your jewelry lose its shine.
However, there is no need to go to a specialist to make them shine again. Your bathroom and kitchen are full of natural products.
- White vinegar: soak your silver jewelry in a glass filled with white vinegar for 2 hours. Rinse them with water and wipe them dry.
- Bread crumbs: rub your jewelry with bread crumbs is an old grandmother’s trick to make a silver jewel shine.
- Lemon: gently rub your silver jewelry with a toothbrush soaked in lemon juice. Rinse with clear water. Wipe with a soft cloth or chamois.
- Toothpaste: Put a small dose of toothpaste on your toothbrush. Gently rub your jewelry. Rinse thoroughly with cold water. Wipe with a cloth or chamois.
- Coca-Cola: serve (you) a glass of coca and dip your jewel in it. Leave on for about fifteen minutes. As simple as that!
- Baking soda: take a toothbrush, a bowl, and baking soda. Pour a few drops of water and baking soda until you get a smooth paste. Gently rub your jewelry with the adhesive using the toothbrush. Rinse them with clean water and wipe them with a microfiber towel.
7. How do I clean my shoes?
If your pair of white sneakers have already paced, nothing is very complicated to restore it to its former color.
For canvas shoes :
- Mix in a bowl of baking soda and water until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply the paste abundantly on the outside of your pair of shoes.
- Let it dry overnight. In the morning, rub your shoes with a brush. And now, voila…
For leather shoes :
- Spread cleansing milk with a piece of cotton.
- Take the last sponge with water. Nothing easier!
8. How to work for a pair of new shoes?
New shoes are right: but they tend to hurt our feet because they are often too tight.
Compressed toes, blisters, unpleasant friction … We know! However, there are unstoppable tricks to fix them and sport your new shoes in style and without pain.
What do you need? Newspaper and a little water only!
- Bring a piece of newspaper and make tight balls of paper that you have moistened beforehand.
- Slip them into your shoes to fill them correctly.
- Let dry 24 hours in the open air, and your shoes will have gained flexibility.
9. How to revive the white of your favorite t-shirt?
For machine washes:
You will know that you have to drop your white laundry with a powder detergent made up of optical brightener for those who remember their chemistry physics class. For more details on the why and how I let our dear Jamie explain it to you.
Tip still very active, add a glass of hydrogen peroxide at 30% or about 500 g of baking soda to the rinse water.
For hand washes:
Soak your laundry for a few hours in water mixed with baking powder. You can then wash your laundry frequently by rubbing it.
You can also, before washing your machine, soak it in boiling lemon water.
10. How to prevent your clothes from shrinking?
The shrinkage of clothes in the wash is due to the tightening of the cotton fibers under heat.
Three steps to follow to avoid this inconvenience:
- Follow washing instructions to prevent clothes from shrinking.
- Wash in cold water to avoid shrinking of laundry
- Banish the dryer step to prevent your clothes from shrinking and spoiling more quickly.
Is the evil already done? Pour the cold water into the bowl, add the coarse salt, let the salt dissolve entirely, and immerse your clothes in it. Let the garment sit overnight and rinse in the morning with cold water.