Having both clean and shiny tiles is always something you want to have. Don’t tell me about dull, dull tiles. To enhance the beauty of a home, the shine of the tiling is undoubtedly a good asset.
If you want your tiles to be as shiny as they were at the start, here are some tips for making tiles shine.
1. Clay Stone a product to shine tiles
Have you ever heard of the Silver Stone or the Clay Stone? It is a natural and ecological product made from white clay that allows you to clean and shine the tiles but also a multitude of other materials and accessories in the house.
For example, you can use the Silver Stone to wash and shine a sink, a range hood, a ceramic hob, shoes, PVC garden furniture, and much more. Another advantage of Silver Stone is that in addition to cleaning surfaces, it protects them.
2. Shine the tiles with vinegar
Did you know that vinegar can be a great household product to clean and shine in the house? So here’s how to use vinegar to shine a tile:
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of vinegar depending on the amount of water.
- Wash the tiles with this homemade cleaning recipe.
- Finish with a water wash to remove a little vinegar smell.
In addition to making the tiles shine, this grandmother’s recipe for water and white vinegar will eliminate bad odors present on the floor.
3. Have a shiny tile with black soap
If your tile has grease stains, rub it off with a good stiff brush instead. And to clean and shine the tiles, wash it with hot water and black soap. Black soap is an eco-friendly product and perfect for polishing and degreasing the tiles in the house. It is one of the top 100% natural cleaning products for cleaning everything in the house. The black soap can also be useful in concentrated mode to remove the most stubborn stains in the kitchen and the bathroom.
4. Shine a dull tile with lemon juice
How to make matte and dull tiles shine quickly? Have lemon juice, of course! Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Add a cup of lemon juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ammonia, optional.
- Wash the tiles with a sponge.
- Finish by rinsing the tiles with lukewarm water.
This homemade recipe is perfect for making old, matte, dirty tiles shine quickly and naturally.
5. Linseed oil for matt tiles
Does your tile consist of terracotta tiles or very porous tiles? Well, linseed oil is a handy natural product for restoring shine to this type of tile and porous floor.
You might not know this trick, but linseed oil is excellent for shining dull, matte tiles. A simple cleaning trick that consists of:
- Wash the tiles in soapy water, to begin with.
- Soak a sponge in linseed oil. (you can also use a brush or a cloth)
- Spread well on the tiles and let the linseed oil dry.
To give a beautiful shine to your tiles, you can apply 2 or 3 coats of linseed oil over the entire surface. For porous tiles or terracotta tiles, here is boiled linseed oil. This product is ideal for restoring shine and shine to tiles.
You can also buy the Black Soap a little higher, which is precisely based on linseed oil and, therefore, ideal for shining and cleaning terracotta tiles and other types of tiles.
6. Window cleaner to shine your tiles
Another product that can be found at home and which allows a mat and dull tile to shine is the window cleaner. Useful for making the windows of the house and the car shine, the window cleaner is also a good tip for shining the tiles in the house.
Just add a little liquid glass cleaner to your hot water and wash the tiles. The floor or wall tiles will become very shiny thanks to this trick.
Don’t forget to rinse thoroughly at the end with water to remove all traces of the window cleaner—a quick and easy trick to restore shine to your tiling.
7. Milk to make your tiles shine
It may seem odd, but milk can be used to make tiles shine… Yes, yes! If your tile is colored other than white, you can clean it and make it shine with milk. Here’s what to do:
- Spread a drizzle of milk on the tiles.
- Let the milk dry directly on the tiles.
- Then rinse with lukewarm water to remove all the dried milk.
- Take a dry cloth and make circular movements to polish and shine the surface.
8. Matte tile wax
A quick and efficient way to make a mat and dull tile shine are, of course, the purchase and application of wax over the entire surface. Starwax offers quality home care products, and this tile wax is no exception.
All you have to do is apply the wax to the entire tile using a microfiber mop or using a polishing machine. We are offering you a slightly lower model of such a machine.
9. The polisher, practical and quick for waxing
To save a lot of time, why not buy a real shoe polisher? The polisher is ideal for waxing and polishing parquet floors but also for tiling.