How to make a thermal protector for home hair? Protecting the hair from the heat of the iron or the dryer is essential so that apart from using the right products, you can prepare something homemade, as we now explain.
Thermal protectors for hair
The thermal protectors are products designed precisely to protect our hair from the heat of the dryer or from the irons and curling irons that we apply to the hair. This type of product is made with ingredients capable of maintaining the humidity of the hair creating a protective barrier so that the heat does not affect our hair and scalp.
There are many thermal protectors, spray, or cream that we can find in the market, but we can also make one that is entirely homemade and that you can do in a matter of minutes, as we now explain.
Steps to make a thermal protector for home hair
In the market, you can find cosmetics for every need, especially from an economic point of view. Those with a reduced price often turn out to be a concentrate of unhealthy ingredients, such as parabens and silicones. These are preservatives that impregnate the hair without letting it breathe, thus hindering its hydration. Although they do not have a real harmful effect, these ingredients do not promote the well-being of your hair. It is precisely for this reason that it is advisable always to use natural and organic products: exploiting each property without compromising the health of the hair.
By preparing a natural thermal protector directly at home, you not only save significantly, but your composition will be perfectly known. The recipe we propose is made with natural ingredients and easy access to protect the hair in favor of your well-being. The results are immediately visible: after having passed the iron or the hairdryer, the hair appears more vivid and shining as well as feeling stronger and more resistant hair.
- 250 ml of water
- Three sprigs of rosemary
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of organic balm
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice
- Chop the rosemary finely and pour it in a saucepan with water and lemon juice, then heat everything in the fire over moderate heat.
- Add the balsam and coconut oil and, once it has boiled, leave it on the fire for 15 minutes.
- After a quarter of an hour, turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool; When it has reached room temperature, filter and pour into a spray container.
- Keep the thermal protector for the protection of hair in a dry place away from sunlight.
- At the time of use, spray a small part on wet or damp hair, then you can either dry your hair or use the iron.