Did you know that you can make your dishwasher detergent cubes? There is indeed a simple, quick and effective recipe to replace commercial detergents for dishwashers.
Find the manufacturing steps a little further down on this page. Good experimentation, friends!
Here is what you need to make your soap cubes:
To make your dishwasher detergent cubes, you will need:
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of Borax
- 2 empty ice cube trays
How to Make Dishwasher Detergent:
- Add borax and washing soda to a large bowl, mix well.
- Add vinegar and lemon juice, mix well.
- Pour evenly into 18 ice cube squares. Continue to stir as you pour; otherwise, the powders will sink to the bottom.
- Let dry around 5 hours.
- Carefully pop out of the trays and let dry another hour or so on wax paper.
- Place in a container and use 1 per a load of dishes.
- If your water is especially hard, you may want to add vinegar and coarse salt to the prewash. This should aid in reducing film and hard water spots.
You are finally ready to use your own pods in your dishwasher.
N.B: If these do not fit into your dispenser very well, I would suggest pouring your liquid into 36 cubes and using 2 per load. Otherwise, just break in half.