LED lights allow you to create original visual effects, which increase if you combine them with a mirror. If it catches your attention, learn how to make a mirror of infinite LED lights. This way, you will obtain a decorative lighting consuming less energy than you think, due to the saving that this type of luminaire entails.
Tools needed to make an Illuminated Mirror
- LED strip
- Multi-tool with cutting attachment
- Battery screwdriver
How to make a mirror of infinite LED lights?
1. Lift the pin strings that hold the back of the frame. Remove the lid and the glass and cut them with the multitool.
2. Apply for an excellent sandpaper pass and clean the entire surface. That’s where the strips of LED lights will be attached later. For cleaning, you can also use the compressor’s blowgun.
3. Make a hole the size of the feeder connection tab of the LED strip. Do it with the multitool. In this case, there is an internal staple, so bend it with a screwdriver to keep it from losing its strength. In any case, then reinforce all the rear corners with brackets. Thus you give more security to the frame, something convenient due to the weight of the mirror.
4. Position the front of the frame and connect the LED strip. Then, check that it works.
5. From the connection, remove the protective paper from the back of the LED strip. Do this to expose the part that sticks and then stick to the inside firmly. Try to travel the entire frame from the connection until you get back to it. Try to go the whole structure from the link until you get back to it.
6. Reinforce the corners on the back with some squares. Drill with a thin 2 mm wood drill and then screw. Also, it makes four perforations at the medium distance between corners, that is, if the frame is divided by its bisector, both vertically and horizontally, the four points where this line cuts the frame.
7. Screw the plates, but not entirely, and then place the mirror. It is essential that the mirror and the frame have the appropriate measures. If not, you can cut the frame or fit the mirror with a few taquitos if it is a little smaller.
8. Cover the joints between the mirror and the frame with a bit of black tape. This prevents the light from escaping from behind when you turn on the LED lights. It only remains to hang it on the wall and choose the lighting program you prefer.