The ionizing water process breaks down the hydroxyl ions, or negatively charged hydrogen molecules, that occur as water passes through the water treatment plants. Part of the water treatment process is water heating and the addition of chemicals, which naturally remove alkaline minerals. This treatment process can be overcome by ionizing water to restore healthy alkaline levels in the water. Five methods that you can ionize water are discussed.
Things you will need
pH test kit
external magnetic ionizers
Lot ionizer unit
How to make ionized water
- Test the pH level of the water you are currently drinking to see if it is between 8.0 and 10.0. If it is in this range, you have ionized water. If it is not in this range, you will need to ionize the water.
- Connect a water ionizer to the sink faucet in the kitchen and let this machine ionize the water for you. A water ionizer uses low voltage electricity to eliminate the water’s acidity and increase the alkaline level or the base of the water. Water ionizer machines are the most expensive and popular option for ionizing water.
- Pass the water if bio-ceramic filters to ionize the water if a water ionizer is not available. This second option uses the clay, stone, and minerals selected to create a magnetic resonance in the water to restore its alkalinity. This is accomplished by using clay containing high concentrations of magnetite and cobalt elements.
- Pass the water through magnetic fields to increase the alkalinity of the water. This is a third option you can accomplish by attaching an external magnetic ionizer device to water pipes. These devices are used on water pipes that provide water to the home and appliances.
- Place alkaline concentrate in an eight-ounce glass of water before drinking. This fourth option uses alkaline concentrate, which is available as a liquid or tablet. Place two drops of alkaline liquid or an alkaline tablet in a glass of water to ionize the water.
- Pass the water through an ionizer batch unit to re-ionize the water. This fifth option processes one gallon of water at a time. The process uses electrolysis and usually takes 15 minutes. A typical ionizer batch unit is the least expensive method for ionizing water.
Tips & Warnings
- Ionized water is often referred to as Oxygenated Water, Micro-Water, Light Water, Miracle Water and Micro-cluster Water. Water ionization machines are the most commonly used device for ionizing medium pH water. The ionized water is 9.0 (a more alkaline than normal water) and the normal pH of the water is 7.0 on a scale of 1.0 to 14.0. Anything below 7.0 indicates the acid in the water, with 1.0 being the most acidic. Lemon has a pH of 3.0 and antacid drugs have a pH of 8.5 to 9.0.
- Be careful when using electrical appliances around the water to avoid electrocution. Ionized water should never exceed a pH level of 10.0.