When you have or wear leather, it’s because you have a particular taste for beautiful things, and it’s completely normal to want to see them shine. But how exactly to make leather shine?
Whether it is a garment, an accessory, or even a leather sofa, its beauty will undoubtedly be sought after. Curiosity Insight offers you today tips and tricks to make leather shine and shine.
1. Make the leather shine with cleansing milk
The cleansing milk is a little trick to effective shine leather. But how do you use it?
- Use cleansing milk. (no matter the brand)
- Pour a little cleansing milk on a soft cloth. (or on a cotton ball)
- Rub gently in a circular motion to make the leather shine.
This cleansing milk tip can be useful for shining leather shoes, a jacket, or even a handbag.
2. Polish the leather with cooking spray
This next tip is somewhat original, let’s say! Indeed, to polish leather clothes, accessories, or furniture, the cooking spray is a solution. Of course, this greasy tip cannot be applied to all leather surfaces. Here’s how to do it:
- Spray a little Pam on a soft cloth
- Rub the leather with the cloth using circular movements
- Take a microfiber cloth to finish and start again to remove the excess spray on the leather
Be careful, though, because there may be a greasy appearance after applying this product to the leather. So avoid spraying it on the sofa seats, for example.
3. Vaseline to make the leather shine
Vaseline is a product with miles and possible use. So why not use petroleum jelly to polish the leather of your shoes and handbag? Here’s how to use this petroleum jelly on your leathers:
- Apply petroleum jelly to the leather directly with your fingers
- Massage the entire leather thoroughly with petroleum jelly to penetrate it.
- Leave to act on the leather for a few hours.
- Then use a soft cloth and buff the leather with circular movements.
As with the cooking spray tip, it is vital to use petroleum jelly only on surfaces that will not be in direct contact with your body. Because it’s a greasy tip, so watch out.
4. How to polish the leather with glycerine?
As with the petrolatum tip, glycerin is another effective way to polish the leather of shoes, clothes or particular furniture such as a sofa, for example. To do this, simply:
- Spread glycerin on leather shoes with your fingers like petroleum jelly
- Then leave on for a whole day.
Once the day has passed, here you are with shiny and shiny leather shoes, as if they were new. As we said, you can also use glycerine to polish other leather accessories and furniture.
Clean leather with glycerine soap
If you prefer, you can also use glycerine soap to clean and protect your leather clothes, furniture, and accessories.
5. Make your leather shoes shine with sticky stockings
This grandmother’s remedy may seem odd, but yet it works well for making leather shoes shine. Here’s how to do it:
- Wax the leather shoes with the wax of your choice
- Take an old sticky stocking and rub the leather shoes once the shoe polish is completely dry
It’s a super simple tip to make your leather shoes shine like never before! Of course, you can also use a microfiber cloth to polish the leather surface!
6. How to polish leather shoes?
To polish and shine leather shoes, it is essential to polish them well. Here are the important steps to successfully polish your shoes at home:
- Remove the laces from the shoes.
- Clean shoes with a damp cloth and allow drying.
- Apply the wax and make circular movements using a clean cloth
- Let the shoe polish dry for 25 minutes.
- Remove excess polish from shoes using a hairbrush.
- Then, polish shoes with a soft cloth.
7. What leather care product
There are some excellent leather cleaning and care products on the market. Some of its leather products are specialized for shoes while others for sofas or the interior of a leather car.
If you want to save time and money, why not buy a product that both cleans, protects and polishes the leather of shoes, the sofa, car seats and even saddles for horses.
8. How to clean leather with Marseille soap?
How to use Marseille soap to shine and shine leather? Here is how to use this soap:
- Rub leather shoes with a little Marseille soap
- Take a soft, dry cloth to buff and dry the leather.
- Opt for a microfiber or woolen cloth
There is a large choice of Marseille soaps. Your leather will shine like at the very beginning, thanks to this natural trick. You can also use Marseille soap for other types of clothing, accessories, or leather furniture.
9. Banana peel on leather shoe
A banana peel to make the leather shine. Really? Whether for leather shoes, a sofa, or a handbag, here is how:
- Take a banana peel and divide it into 2 or 3 lengths
- Rub the leather with the inside of the banana peel
- Finish with a dry cloth to polish the leather with circular movements
Remember to change the banana peel often to be effective on the leather. It can be used on leather shoes but also a jacket and even a sofa.
10. Milk for leather
Did you know that it is possible to use real cow’s milk on leather?
- Use cold or lukewarm milk
- Pour the milk on a cloth
- Rub the leather with the cloth soaked in milk
- Let the milk dry on the surface
- Then rub with a soft, dry cloth to further polish the leather.
Make the leather shine. You will also like:
How to clean leather shoes? If you are looking for stuff specially designed for leather shoes, then take a few minutes to read our tips.
How to clean a leather couch? Are you looking for tips and tricks to clean and shine a leather couch? Here’s what it takes to clean a leather sofa.
How to clean nubuck shoes? Do you have beautiful nubuck shoes and don’t know how to clean them? Here are our top tips and cleaning products!
How to clean the seats of your car? Cloth or leather seats quickly come and discover our cleaning tips and tricks for cleaning the car seats.