A simple anti-rodent wire mesh prevents damage. You need to know how to install it and the appropriate place to place it. To do this, the idea is to take note of these few parameters.
Anti-rodent grid: an essential device for the home
The rodent screen is an essential device for homes. Indeed, it prevents rats, mice, shrews, and field mice from taking up residence in homes. By its appearance, the grid can stop the entry of these pests. Also, it guarantees better ventilation. Moreover, the wire mesh installation avoids having to call on the pest controllers to solve the problems of invasion. To keep the house away from rodents, it is important to know the strategic points before laying:
- Pipes and maintenance holes;
- The ventilation ducts;
- In front of the basement windows.
It is also important to protect the compost. Thus, it must be put in the compost bin.
Steps to assemble an anti-rodent grid
You should know that insulation and ventilation are essential to cladding. On the exterior cladding of a wall, it is possible to double the anti-rodent mesh with fine screens. Before any action, checks are necessary. It is then necessary:
- Clean the work surface;
- Check the actual condition of the wall;
- Reseal any microcracks with a resin.
The installation of the anti-rodent grid is important. The mesh should also be at the height of 20 cm above the ground to minimize friction with the ground. Fitting a rodent guard requires a few tools such as a pencil, impact drill, dowels, siding, and a spirit level. To do this, here are the steps to take:
- Take a partial siding;
- Place it on the ground against the facade;
- Using a pencil, trace the height of the blade;
- Mark the future fixing holes on the anti-rodent grid;
- Drill the fixing holes on the grille;
- Using dowels, secure the anti-rodent grid;
- Repeat the operation to cover the other walls.