Thermal paste is a compound that computer technicians use to keep processing units fresh. The air wells form under the heatsinks and the video cards when they are installed in a processor, and what the thermal paste does is fill the wells and increase the conductivity of the heat. Arctic Silver, Cool Laboratory, and Shin-Etsu are brands that commercially produce these products, but you can make your thermal silicone by hand if you do not have the commercial one. Keep in mind that you have to replace the landlady as soon as you can, as the ingredients are coming to an end, and their effectiveness decreases.
You will need to
- Toothpaste without grain
- Petroleum jelly
- Toothpick or spoon
- 5 grams of diamond powder
- 4 grams of silicone grease
- Plastic bag with zipping
- Dust masks
- Place toothpaste and petroleum jelly in a small bowl. Use a ratio of 3/4 cream and 1/4 oil jelly. Make sure that the paste does not have grains because, otherwise, they will interfere with the transmission of heat.
Mix the pasta and jelly with a toothpick. If you are doing the right amount, use a spoon.
- Fill a syringe with the mixture to make it easier to apply.
- Thermal paste with diamond powder
Put on an anti-dust mask. Diamond dust is hazardous if inhaled, so you always have to wear protection while you are working with it.
- Place the powder and silicon grease in a plastic bag and close it tight.
- Mix the ingredients entirely and crush the result on the bag with your fingers. Work the compound until it is viscous, almost liquid, but try to maintain its shape.
- Place the mixture in a syringe to either apply or store.
- Craft and hobby stores sell silicone grease.
- You can get diamond dust on online shopping sites. The best is 25 carat.
- Use a clean syringe. If there is any type of residue in the mixture, it can affect the heat conduction.
- Do not buy silicon grease that contains zinc oxide, which will weaken the conductivity of diamond dust.
- Keep the excess dust in a safe place and try to keep it away from children.
- If you apply homemade thermal paste on your computer, you can end the warranty.