Designed to control any type of device, the universal remote control is an essential accessory in many homes. However, it is necessary to program it to synchronize it with all the equipment to be controlled. To achieve this, the methods by code, automatic search, and learning are optional.
Programming by code
In the user manual of the universal remote control, a long list of codes is provided. These codes correspond to a family of products (stereo, DVD player, television set, etc.) of different brands. By entering these codes from the remote control, the main functions are set. To do this, simple steps must be followed:
- Enter the device setting function.
- Enter the correct code.
- Perform a test to see if the remote is working well.
In some cases, several codes may be provided for the same type of device and the same brand.
Programming by automatic search
Many signals will be tested to find one of the devices to be controlled by applying the automatic search programming method. To do it, go through these simple steps:
- Point the remote control at the device to be controlled and start the automatic search program.
- Stop the program when the appliance switches off.
- Switch the machine back on and test the other control systems.
If the operation was not successful during the first attempt, it is possible to restart programming several times until the correct signal is finally detected.
Programming by learning
If the other solutions did not work, the use of programming by learning would be used. This technique consists of understanding each button’s functions on the original remote control of the device to be controlled. This learning can take time, but the new control device’s configuration can be carried out as required. To do this :
- Place the two control units face to face.
- Start the learning function while pressing the buttons on each remote control.
- When the learning of each of the buttons is completed, immediately check the universal remote control’s correct operation.