The Liftmaster keyboard is easy to program and will only require a few minutes. The keyboard is a good way to operate the garage door opener without having to enter the garage or using the car remote controls. Liftmaster garage doors use a program button that will give you enough time to program the keypad on the door jamb. It is an excellent idea to create a four-digit code to select a system that is easy to remember, but not so apparent that no one else could guess.
- Press the button on the wall of the garage door or use the remote control to open the garage door.
- Set up a ladder below the powerhead for garage doors so you can get to the back of the engine.
- Locate the programming button near the two limit switches on the back of the powerhead. The programming key is a square button next to a small LED light.
- Press the programming key to illuminate the LED light. This indicates that the opener is ready to receive the new keyboard code. You will have 30 seconds to program the keyboard.
- Go to the keyboard and enter a four-digit number, then press and hold the “search” button. Release the “enter” button when the garage door opener lights flash.
- Press the code on the keyboard and press the “enter” button, and the garage door opener will operate to close the garage door.
Tips and warnings
- Do not use birthdays, anniversaries, or street addresses as a code. These are too easy for someone else to guess and try to get inside their garage without permission.
How to reprogram the keyboard in an electric garage
A garage door opener is an electronic device that uses a motor to open and close a garage door. Many garage doors have keyboards mounted on the outside of the garage. These keypads allow you to open and close the garage door using a four-digit code. You can reschedule this access code at any time.
- Look for the “program” button on the central engine unit of your garage door opener. If you can not find the location of the program button, check the owner’s manual of your garage door opener.
- Press and hold the “Program” button for approximately two to three seconds. When the LED light flashes on the garage opener door motor unit, release the button.
- Enter your current password on the keyboard and press the “#” key on the keyboard. On some models, you may have to press and hold the “#” key until the LED light flashes on the keyboard.
- Enter a new four-digit code, using the keyboard. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard. If your keyboard does not have an “Accept” button, press the “#” button after entering the new code. Now he has successfully changed the garage door opener garage.
Tips and warnings
- Always test your keyboard and make sure the new code is working correctly after reprogramming.