Remote control for the garage door facilitates opening and prevents foreign intrusion. If you have lost the remote control, you can not open the gate by hand. We show you what you can do.
Replace remote control for the garage door
- To open the garage door, you must replace the remote control.
- The remote control for your garage door has a unique coding, radiates on a particular frequency, and uses a specific channel. This prevents anyone from remote control from opening the door.
- You can only replace the device with a remote control that uses the same data.
- These data can be found in the operating instructions of the electric garage door opener. Alternatively, you can ask the company who installed the NC contact.
- You can buy a replacement for the remote control at electronics stores or Amazon and then adjust to the appropriate data.
An open garage door without remote control
- If you can not find out the data for the remote control, you must open the garage by force.
- Contact an electrician. This can short-circuit the gate and read the data for the remote control at the electric opener.
Control garage door drives via smartphone.
Opening and shooting the garage door conveniently with remote control is standard in almost every garage today. And anyone who has an electric garage door will not want to miss it anymore. But anyone who was allowed to test a quick garage door drive knows that it is even more comfortable. Garage door drives can also be controlled with the smartphone! You do not even have to rebuild the drive for that. We explain how you can open your garage door by mobile phone!
Control garage door drives via smartphone.
Anyone who has mounted a garage motor in their garages knows the situation: The remote control is accidentally in the house, or you have to rummage from the glove compartment laboriously. Or what if several family members need access to the garage? Then you would have to buy several remote controls, which can be expensive quickly.
It is more comfortable and much more practical to control the garage door drive via smartphone. You have your mobile always with you, and with two clicks, you are in the garage door app and open the gate. So: No more annoying search for the remote control and the garage door open via App!
So you steer your garage door drive via smartphone.
Now you are sure: that’s all well and good. But do not I have to buy an expensive, new garage door drive or rebuild the existing garage door engine complicated? The answer is no. We have the right Smart Home products for the controller! And best of all: The garage door app is retrofitted within a few minutes!
To make your garage smart, you do not need any special skills. Connect the receiver module, and you can start the smartphone control. The matching garage app then offers you opportunities to drive the gate individually up and down.
Retrofit smartphone control – your options
On the Internet, you will find numerous manufacturers who advertise with electric gate operators and garage door opener app. We show you two systems that convince us and make your everyday life easier. On the one hand, we present you with the Schellenberg Smartphone garage door opener. On the other hand, we show you how you can customize your garage door with the help of the Rademacher Smart Home System and the GeoPilot App.
Schellenberg smartphone garage opener
How you can retrofit a smartphone controller for your garage door drive is explained using the smartphone garage door opener from Schellenberg as an example. We think that this product is straightforward. The smartphone garage door opener from Schellenberg is available as a ready-to-mount set with Bluetooth radio receiver, antenna, connection cable, and two adhesive strips. So you have in a set everything you need for the controller, and you do not have to worry about anything.
This is how the assembly of the Schellenberg drive works.
- Disconnect the garage door drive from the power supply
- Tighten the antenna to the Bluetooth radio receiver
- Attach the connection cable to the Bluetooth radio receiver
- Attach the Bluetooth radio receiver to the garage door drive using the two adhesive strips
- Connect the Bluetooth radio receiver to the garage door drive via the connection cable (you will find a connection diagram in the installation instructions)
- Restore the power supply to the garage door drive
- Download a free app from the Google Play Store or iTunes Store
- Turn on Bluetooth on the smartphone and pair the smartphone garage door opener with the app.
- Already finished
How safe and practical is the system?
Entirely safe and on top of that handy, because the garage door drive can only be controlled with smartphones that were previously trained on the smartphone as a garage door opener and added by the admin. In total, up to five smartphones can be taught. This means that enough access can be created for the whole family or friends. So no one has to take an extra remote or a key. And best of all, you can continue to use your existing handheld transmitters as usual. The old remote control remains fully functional.
Which garage door operator fits the smartphone garage door opener from Schellenberg?
The smartphone garage door opener from Schellenberg is available in two versions: one with external power supply and the other with no external power supply.
- Universal Smartphone Garage Door Opener: The model with external power supply is not only connected to the garage door drive via the connection cable but is additionally connected to the power supply with a mains plug. This gate opener can also be used with gate drives that have no terminal for 6 – 36 V DC on the control board.
- Smartphone Garage Door Opener: The model with no external power supply is suitable for garage door openers that have a terminal for 6 – 36 V DC on the control board. These include many garage door operators and external gate operators from Schellenberg. These include the following Hörmann garage door operators: Echostar Liftronic 500 / Echostar Liftronic 700 / Echostar 800 / SupraMatic E. The following garage door openers from Chamberlain can also be used to retrofit the smartphone garage door opener: ML700EV / ML 700 / ML510EV / ML1000EV.
iPhone Garage and Android App – Control Garage Door Opener with any Smartphone
To operate the smartphone garage door opener with your tablet or smartphone, you must download the free Schellenberg app. These are available for Android and iOS devices. The garage door opener app for Android works with the operating system from version 4.3. The iOS operating system is running from version 7.1 (from iPhone 5).
Features of the GeoPilot app
The app has many different features, which is a real plus. As a user, you have the option of defining a region, or your home and Umgebung. Not a few clicks, you define different areas within a radius of 200 meters to 10 kilometers. Depending on your whereabouts, you can choose scenes and control your smart home via the app. Especially practical:
You can set your garage door to open when you turn in the street
You also have the option of automatically closing the gate when it rains. It does not matter if the goal is a swinging gate or a narrow gate. In addition to these features, you can make additional settings. For example, the app will automatically turn on your heating when you’re only eight kilometers away from your home by car. Depending on the scenario, individual settings can be made.
I am setting up the garage door app.
The app can be easy, quick, and conveniently loaded on the smartphone or tablet. You get the GeoPilot app for free on the App Store and Google Play Store. Thus, it is available for iPhone and Android. When registering, you connect with the HomePilot of Rademacher. This step is quite simple and went smoothly in our test.
Conclusion for the control of the garage door drive
As you can see, it is not difficult to retrofit a smartphone control with a garage door drive. Complicated handicrafts are not necessary. Also, so have several people from a household the ability to open the garage door and close without a remote control is needed. The long search for the lost handheld transmitter is history. By connecting to your smart home system, you can also make additional settings to control the garage door even more individual.
For further questions and suggestions, we look forward to your comment on this post.