Blow-drying at home is so much cheaper and more convenient than going to the hair salon. And good news, it’s not that hard to blow dry yourself!
With the right accessories and the right products, you can definitely achieve a result compared to the salon. To get there, you have to follow our tips for a perfect blow-dry.
The tips for making a perfect brushing
1. Accessories for a perfect brushing
- Hairdryer: Look for a model with at least 1800 watts and with multiple heats and airflow settings.
- Spout (removable tip of the dryer): It is essential for a smooth brushing and prevents the hair from getting too close to the heat source.
- Round brush: the brush will be used to smooth the strands of hair, to curl the ends, or to create waves. A little advice to save time: the larger the brush’s surface, the faster the drying time. Brushes with vents also reduce drying time.
- Hair clip: keeps the strands of hair separate to make it easier to dry long, thick hair, or when you want to work one section at a time.
- Diffuser: This is the crucial accessory for creating soft, well-defined curls. Look for a diffuser with a concave design in the middle (not flat). This allows the curls to rest inside and take on a natural shape.
- Straighteners: To finish your blow-dry and give your hair movement, use a straightener. It will also help to eliminate frizz. On the other hand, it is important to choose a quality straightener.
2. Products to make a smooth brushing
- Foam: If you want to add volume to your hair, first apply a volumizing mousse.
- Styling Cream: To smooth and soften dry or damaged hair, apply to style and shine cream before and after drying.
- Hair Spray: To fix the hairstyle, use a moisture-wicking hair spray all over the hair after drying.
3. Products for successful brushing on curly hair
- Conditioner: Start by applying a creamy leave-in conditioner, to lock in moisture as you dry them.
- Styling Gel: Use gel to define curls and help set them in place. A gel also prevents frizz.
4. How to achieve a smooth brushing?
So if you want to do a perfect and smooth brushing, here are the steps to succeed every time:
- After you’ve blotted your wet hair, set your blow dryer heat to medium. Blow-dry the hair until it is 80% dry.
- Gather the hair on top of your head and secure it with a clip.
- Start drying the lower layers with a round brush, increasing the heat. Direct the blow dryer nozzle down to smooth hair and add shine.
- Remove the clamp and use it to hold back the now dry bottom layers.
- Dry the top section. Emphasize the roots to add volume, then work towards the ends using the round brush to pull hair forward and out.
- Remove the clip and send all of your hair back. Part and dry the hair around the forehead.
- To curl the ends, wrap them with a round brush, heat blow, and set with cold air.
- For a straight finish, pull the brush out while drying is finished. Apply styling cream or hairspray.
5. How to blow-dry curly hair?
Do you have naturally curly hair and want a perfect blow-dry too? Here are the steps to blow-dry curly hair easily:
- After applying a leave-in conditioner to damp strands, send most of your hair to the side.
- Using your fingers, divide the gel into four easy-to-handle parts, from root to tip, distributing it evenly around your head.
- Set your dryer to medium heat and medium speed. Place the diffuser just at the roots, starting at the back of the neck.
- Keep the ends away from the blow dryer, allowing them to dry naturally. Move the diffuser until all the roots are dry.
- Place a pea-sized drop of the ointment in your palm and rub your hands together.
- Run your hands through your hair from root to end. Then let the curls fall back.
6. How to do a blow-dry quickly?
No need to take forever to achieve a beautiful brushing. You can do a stylish blow-dry with a straightener after pre-drying your hair.
Indeed, brushing will be easier to achieve and will hold better if you start with a pre-drying at medium heat.
- Start by applying the product designed for the desired blow-dry style (smooth or curly), then blow-dry your hair upside down until all the moisture is almost gone.
- Then brush your hair using a flat or round brush with thick bristles.
- Then, using a straightener, add the finishing touches to your brushing.
- Finish with the application of hairspray to fix your hair.
7. How to achieve a brushing on short hair?
The best way to blow-dry short hair is also the easiest:
- You start by applying a product designed for your hair type, and with the hair still damp, you wrap each strand around the round brush.
- Then, we smooth the hair from the root to the ends, accompanying the movement with the hairdryer.
- We finish with the application of lacquer.
8. How to blow-dry to add volume?
For those who want more volume, Velcro rollers are a perfect way to lift and curl your hair naturally.
- Focus on the top layers, especially for thick hair, part the different sections, and place the roller at the root under your hair.
- Pull the roller along with the hair and, when you reach the ends, roll it under the scalp.
- Secure the roller to your head and spray it with hair spray. Once you’ve set all the rollers, apply a final spray of hairspray and heat your hair with the blow dryer on the low setting.
- Once your hair is dry, remove the rollers and gently shake the hair while avoiding letting your fingers run through the curls as this may cause them to become frizzy.
- Position your hair to finish the blow-dry and add some hair spray.