Ketchup, with a sweet and sour taste, is, without doubt, one of the most popular sauces. The problem is that the thick tomato-based ketchup leaves spots that are difficult to remove.
What could be more unpleasant than spilling ketchup or tomato sauce on a piece of clothing or worse on a fabric sofa? It’s frankly frustrating, and you never really know how to clean this stain properly.
We present some excellent cleaning tips to remove stains from tomato sauce or ketchup on clothing and fabric.
1. Remove a stain of ketchup with soapy water
Why seek the miracle product when pure soapy water can help you get everything going?
Indeed, very often, cold water mixed with liquid soap will be enough to say bye-bye to this ugly stain of ketchup.
Soapy water is sufficient only if the ketchup stain is fresh and not very encrusted in the fabric.
No hot water with ketchup or tomato sauce
To complete the above tip, know that you should never use hot water to clean this type of stain!
Indeed, you should not wash a stain of tomato sauce with hot water because the stain will be fixed even more on the fabrics!
2. Milk for a fresh stain
A grandmother’s first tip for removing a stain of tomato sauce is to use milk. Yes, milk!
Milk is beneficial in removing a stain of tomato sauce on a leather sofa or jeans.
- Pour milk to cover the stain with tomato sauce completely.
- Rub the stain with a clean cloth until it disappears.
If the stain of tomato sauce is old and dry, it is better to use another of our tips below because milk is effective on a fresh stain only.
3. Remove a stain of ketchup with bleach
Were you cooking a spaghetti sauce recipe when the ketchup splashed all over your beautiful white shirt? Do not panic, mainly because the bleached water can clean this ugly stain of ketchup.
Indeed, if the garment is stained with tomato sauce or ketchup is white, bleached water can be used. Here’s how to do it:
- Mix 1 cup of water with a1 tablespoon of bleach.
- Soak the stain with bleach
- Leave on for 1 minute and rinse the garment with cold water.
- Finish cleaning the stain in the washing machine
4. Clean stain with baking soda
Here’s how to use baking soda this time to remove a stain of ketchup from clothing:
- Soak the stain with water and sprinkle with baking soda.
- Leave to act for 1 to 2 minutes on the stain and rub with a slightly damp cloth.
- Rinse with warm water to finish and dry.
You can also replace the water with milk to remove a stain from the jeans.
5. Glycerin for a stubborn stain
To successfully remove a stain of ketchup encrusted in the leather, know that glycerin could prove to be a good ally.
- Mix a little glycerin with water.
- Dab the stain with a cloth that is soaked in this mixture.
- Leave to act and rub again with a damp cloth to finish.
This trick can be used to clean a stain on a leather sofa, for example.
6. Clean the stains with vinegar
The vinegar is effective even on stains of tomato sauce and old ketchup stain and embedded in the fabric.
- Soak a rag in white vinegar and gently rub the stain.
- Rinse the garment in cold water to remove all traces of vinegar.
- Finish with a regular washing machine cycle.
7. Lemon juice
Dab the ketchup stain with a cloth soaked in lemon juice. Rinse. Then repeat until the ketchup stain has completely disappeared.
Remove the stains by scrubbing with a toothbrush and white toothpaste. Rub gently. Then rinse. If the stain resists, add a drop of 70 ° alcohol to the toothpaste.
9. Dishwasher detergent
If the stain is very encrusted, if it is a T-shirt or a white shirt, moisten the stain with ketchup with a little water, then rub it with a bit of washing powder -dishes. Emulsify. Rinse.