Are you unable to remove the labels?
Sometimes we need to remove stuck labels, for example, on a jar or a book, and unfortunately, it is not always easy to get there!
The glue remains on the object in question, or even worse, pieces of the label will stick to it hard! It is very frustrating when such a thing happens! If you are tired of these labels that do not want to take off, here are some tips for you that will help you get them off quickly enough thank you.
Peel off the label by heat
Removing an adhesive or self-adhesive label on a windshield, a window, or a bottle is not easy. Heat is beneficial. To do this, simply melt the glue with a hairdryer, then gently remove the labels. Here are the steps to follow:
- Set the hairdryer at maximum temperature;
- Heat the label for 3 to 5 minutes while keeping the dryer at a reasonable distance;
- Peel off the label gently, starting at the corners.
The hairdryer can be replaced with hot water. This method is all the more effective on glass containers. Here are the recommendations for this technique:
- Heat water and place the container in it;
- Wait a few minutes. Like the dryer, hot water melts the glue;
- The label comes off by itself.
Aside from using the hairdryer, it is also possible to use an iron. Indeed, if the label is on a book or a flat surface, a little iron stroke and voila! Take a clean towel or cloth and iron on the name. The heated vinegar is effective in removing the labels. Dab the label with a towel and hot vinegar, then rub.
Cooking oil is also useful in removing a label. To do this, there are a few steps to follow:
- Apply a generous layer of oil to the tag;
- Leave on for about ten minutes;
- Peel off the label;
- Clean the adhesive residue with washing-up liquid and a sponge.
The label can also be removed with baking soda and coconut oil . Just mix them in equal parts to form a homogeneous paste and rub the label. The traces of glue are removed with the label.
Besides, olive oil is a product to be exploited.
- With the help of a brush, apply the oil to the label.
- Leave to act for a few minutes before removing it.
Besides, butter or mayonnaise can also do the trick. The lemon essential oil can remove some labels and stickers. It is also known for its whitening and purifying properties.
Other methods depending on the media.
Apart from treating wounds, 90° alcohol is excellent for peeling off labels. Whether plastic, glass, or porcelain media, the effect of alcohol on the label is immediate. Just apply a little alcohol on the label with cotton to peel it off in a jiffy. The same is correct for turpentine or nail polish remover.
The white spirit is a product dedicated to painting. However, he can also remove the labels on the jars.
- Take a cloth soaked in white spirit.
- Rub the label.
- Then clean with soapy water.
Also, acetone works miracles on certain surfaces (steel, porcelain, etc.). To do this, soak a cloth in acetone, then rub. Warning! This product should be avoided for plastic or resin.
Removing a label on glass or glass surface
Here are the steps to take off a label on glass or a glazed surface:
- Use a fatty substance such as butter or vegetable oil;
- Let it take effect for fifteen minutes;
- Using an abrasive sponge, rub the label, then rinse with clean water and soap.
To peel off a label on steel or plastic, use a dryer. Be especially careful not to stick the hairdryer on the surface.
Peel off a label on a glass jar
To detach a label or sticker on a glass jar, there are two solutions: either hot water or the dishwasher. For hot water, immerse it and remove the label. Otherwise, put it in the dishwasher. After washing, simply rub the jar while still warm to facilitate detachment.
Removing labels: other practical tips
On game boxes, DVDs, or CDs, it is necessary to use WD-40. This product is both a lubricant and a cleaner. Also, it meets all maintenance needs. However, it is recommended to use this method when the label is intact.
- Protect the worktop with newspaper or cardboard;
- Spray the product on the label;
- Using a brush, spread the product;
- Wipe the WD-40 with a paper towel;
- Gently peel off the label from the corners.
If the sticker resists, repeat the steps as many times as necessary. To remove the excess glue on the box, spray a little of the product on the surface and rub it with absorbent paper.
The process is the same on a DVD, except for one detail.
- Apply the product on the label;
- Leave it on for a few minutes;
- Start removing the label on the corners before peeling it off completely;
- Clean the excess glue with absorbent paper.
For plastic play boxes, it is also necessary to protect the worktop.
- Spray the WD-40 on the label. This time, it must be left to act for thirty minutes.
- Scrape a corner of the label with a flat surface like a plastic ruler or a card.
Otherwise, if the label resists, do not hesitate to repeat the operation. To remove the remaining glue residue, it is interesting to spray the product and distribute it with a brush. Then wipe them with absorbent paper or cotton.
There are many tips for removing a label, from heat to WD-40, including 90 ° alcohol. The most important thing is to take into account the nature of the support where the label is located (bottle, wood, glass jar, furniture, kitchen utensils). Some natural products are also useful, especially for getting rid of glue residue.