Lipstick can easily stain clothing and other fabrics, whether it’s our scarf, our sweater collar, our shirt collar, our coat, and more. But how do you effectively clean a lipstick stain?
Curiosity Insight offers you in this article our best tips and tricks for removing a lipstick stain.
1. Lipstick stain and glycerin
Did you know that glycerin is a product that can be used to remove a stain of lipstick from clothing and other fabrics? Here’s how to use this product on stained clothing:
- Soak the stain with lipstick with a little glycerin.
- Rub gently with a clean cloth or a soft brush to allow the product to penetrate well.
- Leave on for 5 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Finish cleaning in the washing machine.
For more significant lipstick stains, you can dilute the glycerin with water before soaking the stain on the garment.
2. A lipstick stain remover with baking soda
WHAT you don’t have baking soda at home! This natural product is a must-have for household chores in addition to being useful for removing bad odors.
So here’s how to remove lipstick from clothing with baking soda:
- Sprinkle and cover the lipstick stain with baking soda.
- Soak a cloth in white vinegar and gently rub the lipstick.
- Rinse and rub again with a little liquid soap.
- Finish cleaning the stain with a regular cycle in the washing machine.
3. Remove a stain of the lipstick with Marseille soap
Have you ever heard of Marseille soap? Available in liquid form but more often in block or cube form, Marseille soap is top-rated when it comes to grandma’s remedies and home stain remover.
Here’s how to use this natural soap to loosen lipstick:
- Soak the lipstick stain with lukewarm water.
- Moisten a little Marseille soap and gently rub the garment and the stain.
- Rinse the fabric and wash the garment in the washing machine to complete the cleaning.
4. Hydrogen peroxide to loosen lipstick
Hydrogen peroxide is a product that can be very effective in cleaning a multitude of stains, including lipstick stains.
Nothing could be simpler, soak a cloth with hydrogen peroxide, and dab the stain to remove it quickly. Remember to rinse and wash the garment in the washing machine to complete the cleaning. You can also use this liquid to remove grass stains, fruit and vegetable stains, rust stains, and even to remove mildew stains.
5. Methylated alcohol as stain remover
Another product that can be used to remove lipstick stains from fabric and other surfaces is methylated spirits.
- Soak the lipstick stain with rubbing alcohol or household alcohol.
- Leave on for a few moments and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Finish with a regular cycle in the washing machine to remove all traces of methylated spirits
To avoid damaging the fabric, it is better to soak a cloth with methylated spirits and dab and gently rub the stain.
6. Use soda crystals
Are you interested in a grandmother’s recipe based on water and soda crystals to quickly detach lipstick from fabrics?
Here’s how to do this simple cleaning trick:
- Mix a little water with soda crystals to form a paste
- Spread the mixture directly on the stain and rub to dislodge all the lipstick
- Rinse and finish cleaning the garment in the washing machine.
7. Use a non-greasy makeup remover
Another miraculous trick to quickly getting a lipstick stain off a shirt collar is to use makeup remover.
- Dab the lipstick stain with a little non-greasy makeup remover.
- Leave to act for ten minutes on the fabric.
- Rinse and put in the washing machine to finish cleaning.
8. Remove a lipstick stain from a glass
Removing a stain of lipstick from a glass is nothing too complicated, but you have to act quickly before the stain dries more.
Here are some solutions to quickly remove this stain on the glass.
- Scrape the lipstick off with a spoon or fork.
- Rub the stain dry with a little salt.
- Rub the lipstick with a piece of lemon.
- Rub the stain with household alcohol.
9. Remove lipstick with butter
I’m sure you will find this grandma’s trick a little hard to believe, but it works great. This is because butter can be used to remove a stain of fresh lipstick from clothing.
Here’s how to do this butter-based cleansing trick:
- Slightly heat the butter to make it softer.
- Spread the butter over the lipstick stain and work in the butter.
- Leave to act and then add a little liquid detergent and rub again.
- Finish cleaning the stain with a washing machine wash.
Lipstick stain, you will also like:
How to remove a stain from the skin? Before coloring your hair, quickly read our tips and tricks to avoid dye spots on the skin.
How to remove a grease stain from jeans? Here are some tips and products for cleaning and removing greasy stains from jeans.
How to remove a deodorant stain? Come and read our tips for effectively removing a deodorant stain from clothing.