Your 4-year-old child thinks he’s Picasso, and unfortunately, your beautiful fabric sofa is now stained with a blue pen.
Above all, do not panic too quickly; it is possible to remove a ballpoint pen stain. Curiosity Insight offers you tips and tricks to lift a pen stain.
1. Pen stain and lemon juice
Did you just stain a white cotton item of clothing with a pen? Especially do not panic because here we offer you a grandmother’s recipe to remove this nasty stain quickly. Here’s how to do it:
- Soak the pen stain with lemon juice
- Leave to act and then dab the stain and the periphery of it
- Hand wash or machine wash to finish.
This anti-stain trick is especially useful for removing new pen stains. You can also use lemon juice to wash the ballpoint pen on other surfaces and furniture in the house.
2. How about a magic sponge?
If you need to remove a pen stain from a solid surface such as parquet or tiles, then the magic sponge or if you prefer the magic eraser is also a good cleaning tip.
In addition to removing pet stains, this product removes all of the most stubborn stains from virtually any surface.
3. Remove a pen stain with hot milk
If you don’t have lemon juice in the fridge, then here is another practical tip for removing a ballpoint pen from the tissue. It’s warm milk, did you know this anti-stain trick? Here’s how to do it:
- Boil milk in a saucepan
- Rub the pen stain with warm milk
- Make circular movements so as not to damage the fabric
- Rinse with lukewarm water to finish
It is essential to be careful not to burn yourself with the hot milk. Also, it is necessary to remove all traces of the milk to avoid the unpleasant smell of milk drying on a garment.
4. Alcohol and vinegar for a ballpoint pen stain
Another grandma’s remedy for removing a ballpoint pen on tissue is to use alcohol and vinegar. Here’s what to do to detach everything:
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons of 90-degree alcohol.
- Rub the pen stain with this mixture.
- Finish with cleansing with lukewarm water.
Be careful not to use this trick on cotton and other delicate fabrics. Also, be cautious with colored fabrics so as not to discolor them.
5. Claystone, an effective stain remover!
Claystone is an advantageous product to have at home to clean everything and even protect it all at the same time. Whether it is to remove a ballpoint pen stain from a floor or furniture, claystone is a natural stain remover to have at home.
You can also use this clay-based stone to wash hobs, shoes, garden furniture, brass, stainless steel, copper, and many other surfaces and materials.
6. How do I remove a ballpoint pen stain from jeans?
Have you just stained your favorite jeans with a ballpoint pen? Do not panic; we know a good tip to help you clean everything quickly.
Indeed, hairspray is a product that can be used to remove a ballpoint pen or other stains from jeans. Here’s how to do it:
- Spray hairspray on the pen stain
- Then soak with a paper towel.
- Finish with the washing in the washing machine
- Repeat as needed for more stubborn stains
This anti-stain trick is useful even on thin fabrics. This trick is also suitable for leather, which must then be regenerated by rubbing it with baby oil, for example.
7. A pen stain on a piece of furniture?
Did you just make a nasty pen stain on a wooden piece of furniture? Sandpaper, if appropriately used, can be the right solution for loosening ballpoint pen furniture and other stubborn stains, like paint stains.
- Gently rub the stain with the sandpaper (sandpaper)
- Polish the surface again and varnish as needed
If the wood absorbs the ink from the ballpoint pen, you may need to rub more to remove the ink stain from the wood altogether. If, on the other hand, the wooden furniture is varnished, a simple cloth with 70 degrees alcohol should be sufficient to remove all traces of the pen.
8. Ballpoint pen stain on leather
If you still cannot altogether remove the ballpoint pen stain from a leather garment or leather sofa, then we have another tip to help you.
Indeed, for small stains on leather, you can use methylated spirits in this way:
- Mix 1/3 cold water with 2/3 rubbing alcohol
- Spray on the pen stain and leave to act
- Rub the leather with a soft cloth
- Repeat if the stain persists
This water and methylated spirits trick is only adequate on leather clothing and furniture. For stains even more stubborn than a ballpoint pen, opt for our hairspray tip.
9. Special soap with beef gall… Yes, yes!
Have you ever heard of beef gall stain remover? It is a potent stain remover and is very effective against a multitude of stains including grease, grass, blood, ink and therefore ballpoint stains.
Before using this type of stain remover, it is best to test it on a small invisible area of your garment to be sure that it does not damage or discolor the fabric.
10. Remove a pen stain from satin
If you need to get a pen stain off satin quickly, we have the perfect Grandma’s recipe for you! Vinegar and methylated spirits, that’s all you need.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and methylated spirits
- Apply to the pen stain and leave to act
- Rub gently with a cloth
- Blot and rinse to finish cleaning
This cleaning tip can also be used to remove stains from silk fabric.
11. Remove a pen stain from wallpaper
Have you just come back from work, and you are amazed to notice a nasty pen stain on your beautiful wallpaper in the dining room?
Do not panic; there are some practical solutions to clean styling stains or felt stains on this type of surface. Here is the best tip:
- Use a simple white eraser and rub the stain gently.
- You can also use breadcrumbs for the dry cleaning of the pen stain.
Do not press too hard with the eraser to avoid damaging the wallpaper.
Of course, if the wallpaper is washable, you can simply use soapy water or a little water with the addition of white vinegar.