Why does the baby drool so much? This is an excellent question to which, unfortunately, there is not so much answer except that it is normal for a baby, quite simply.
A spot of baby saliva on a toy, on a sweater, on a scarf, a pillow on a stuffed animal, whatever the object or the garment, we present some tips for removing a stain of saliva.
1. Remove a stain of fresh saliva
If the saliva stain has just occurred, it is easy to remove this stain with a little cold water and simply rub with a dry cloth.
You can also use a little clear soda for even more effective cleaning of drool on a sweater.
Finish by sending the garment to the washing machine with the next load of dirty laundry. It is not necessary to send it right away since you have already rubbed the stain with water and soda.
2. Drooling spots on baby clothes
A baby that drools a lot, so it’s normal to have to clean and rub your little one’s clothes more.
So if the baby’s clothes are stained and encrusted with saliva, we have a solution for you. Here’s what to do to clean it all up:
- Soak the stained garment in white vinegar for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse the garment and finish cleaning in the washing machine.
3. Baking soda and lemon juice
The homemade baking soda with lemon juice recipe is also very effective in removing saliva stains. Here’s how to do it:
- Sprinkle baking soda over the stain to completely cover it.
- Pour a little lemon juice on the stain and the bicarbonate and leave to act for a few minutes.
- Rub to clean the saliva stain thoroughly. You can use your fingers or a soft bristle brush to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Rinse and finish with a normal cycle in the washing machine.
Be careful because if you leave this mixture on the garment for too long, it may damage it. You have been warned!
4. Pour a little dish soap on the stain
If you are looking for a way to clean up a stubborn and old slime, stain dish soap can be a good solution. Here’s how to do it:
- Pour a little liquid dish soap directly on the stain and leave to act for a few moments.
- Take a clean, dry cloth and gently rub the stain.
- Rinse the garment or pillowcase and finish with regular machine cleaning.
5. Clean up an old slime stain
It is difficult to remove an old saliva stain already well embedded in a garment, a pillow, or other objects. So if you have tested all our cleaning tips and tricks offered in this guide, then here is the very last one.
You can soak the garment stained with slime in Oxyclean or a similar product for laundry. (a product specially designed for VERY stubborn stains)
If this tip does not entirely overcome the saliva stain, then it may, unfortunately, be impossible to make it disappear.