How to clean up soot? Soot represents a great cleaning challenge because, in contact with water, the soot spreads more on the fabric. But then how is it possible to effectively clean a stain of soot on a wall, clothing, or any other surface?
We present some of the tips and tricks that allow you to remove soot effectively. A good cleaning and good rubbing!
1. Vacuum cleaner and soot stain
If you notice soot on a brick wall or near your fireplace and wood stove, the vacuum cleaner may do the trick.
Indeed, the vacuum cleaner is useful in quickly cleaning the soot on
- a brick wall.
- A concrete wall.
- A stone wall.
Remember to clean the vacuum cleaner tip after cleaning the soot, as you may stain all other surfaces.
2. Soda crystals for cleaning soot
The soda crystals are useful for the realization of several tips and tricks on our portal, so why not use it to clean soot?
- Mix warm water and soda crystals in a container.
- Use a sponge and rub the soot stain on the wall or the floor.
- Repeat until the soot stain disappears completely.
You can replace the soda crystals with baking soda just as effective cleaning.
3. Talc to clean soot without water
If you are looking for a solution to clean a soot stain without having to use water, we have the solution for you!
Talc is a product that can be used to remove the soot without water, for example, on a wall of wallpaper.
- Sprinkle talc on a dry cloth and rub the soot stain to make it disappear.
The bread crumb can also be used to remove dry soot (without water) from the wallpaper.
4. Remove soot with black soap
Always clean a wall stained with soot or other stains of the same type, black soap is a product which can be very useful. Here’s how to use it on a wall:
- Mix hot water with a little black soap in a container.
- Using a brush, clean the soot on the wall or the floor.
5. Soapy water and white vinegar
If you have soot stains on a wall of wallpaper, you can mix equal parts of soapy water and vinegar and clean the soot with a sponge.
6. Use an eraser
Another tip for cleaning a sooty wallpaper wall is an eraser! It is enough to rub (delicately) the stain of soot with this gum.
Be careful, though. The eraser must be clean because you risk spreading the soot more on the wall.
7. How do I clean a soot stain on a sofa?
It can happen that you accidentally stain a sofa soot cloth, so how to detach everything? Here are the steps:
- Use the vacuum cleaner to remove excess soot from the fabric (be careful not to rub the cloth too much).
- Mix 1/3 of warm water with 1/2 of white vinegar and a few drops of liquid dish soap.
- Mix well and rub the soot stain with a sponge and repeat until the soot disappears.
8. Lemon juice for a stain of soot on clothing
A smudge of soot on a piece of clothing? Have you thought about using lemon juice as a natural stain remover?
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and clear water.
- Soak the solution on the soot stain and leave to act.
- Rinse and finish cleaning in the washing machine.
9. Water and ammonia
Another tip for removing a stain of soot from clothing is ammonia! Here’s how to do it: