Do you sweat a lot every day? When you have a beautiful sweater, and you sweat a lot, stains can indeed form under the arms. It is hardly pleasant to have shirts that are so stained.
Fortunately, a few straightforward tips exist to make these dark circles disappear (or at least reduce). Here are some anti-perspiration stain tips.
1. Use white vinegar against sweat stains
To regain the shine of a garment while removing a stain of sweat:
- Mix water with white vinegar
- Soak a clean cloth in this stain-removing solution
- Dab the sweat stain with this cloth
- Put the garment in the washing machine.
2. Use the mixture of hydrogen peroxide, washing liquid and baking soda
Here is a simple and effective recipe for cleaning yellow stains from sweat under the armpits:
- Mix hydrogen peroxide, washing up liquid and baking soda
- Apply this stain remover directly to the stain
- Scrub it with a toothbrush for a minute
- Leave on for at least two hours
- Machine wash the garment.
This grandmother’s trick is effective in removing a sweat stain from white or colored clothing. It is nevertheless advisable to carry out a preliminary test on a small non-visible surface to avoid any damage to the tissue.
3. Use white alcohol vinegar
If your sweater is made of wool, clean it with a little white alcohol vinegar diluted with a bit of water. The sweat stain should, therefore, disappear quickly from your wool sweater.
4. Clean a sweat stain with oxalic acid or sorrel salt
The oxalic acid or salt sorrel is recommended to remove a sweat stain on a dark garment.
- Soak a cloth with oxalic acid
- Blot it on the sweat mark
- Rinse the garment
- Rub with another cloth dampened with hydrogen peroxide
- Wash the garment as usual.
5. Remove a sweat stain with lemon
Less aggressive compared to other stain removers, lemon helps get rid of a trace of sweat on delicate fabrics. This natural product does not require any special precautions for use. Simply :
- Squeeze a lemon to collect the juice
- Dilute the lemon juice in a little water
- Stamp the affected area
- Let dry
- Wash the loose garment.
6. Use fresh lemon juice and white vinegar
To effectively clean a sweat stain:
- In a bowl, combine fresh lemon juice and white vinegar in equal quantities
- Soak the stained garment in it
- Leave to act overnight
- Machine wash or wash the garment by hand.
7. Fight sweat circles on your clothes with salt
Salt is the secret to getting rid of those nasty yellow spots that happen when your shirt meets your armpits. Dissolve 60 ml (4 tbsp) of salt in 1 liter (4 cups) of hot water. Then clean the garment with a sponge soaked in this solution until the stains disappear.
8. Remove a sweat stain with ammonia
It is recommended:
- Dilute the ammonia in a little water
- Dab the sweat stain with a cloth soaked in this stain-removing solution
- Wash the garment thoroughly.
As for the usual precautions to be observed:
- Protect eyes, nose, and hand
- Ventilate the room when using ammonia
- No smoking nearby
- Keep the product out of the reach of children.
9. Use whitening agent for sweat stains
Dab your sweat stain with any whitening agent from the store. Then wash your sweater in the washing machine.
10. Use enzyme laundry soap
Rub your sweat stains with enzyme laundry detergent. Leave it on for a few minutes and wash your sweater.
11. Make a cleaning paste
Make a paste with soda and mix it with white vinegar. Apply the paste to the stain and let it act for a few hours. All you have to do is wash your garment in the washing machine.
12. Remove a sweat stain with hydrogen peroxide
The hydrogen peroxide is sufficient to get rid of yellowish stains left by sweating. However, it should be noted that this product is only used on white or light-colored clothes because hydrogen peroxide may indeed discolor the fabric.
Here’s how to clean:
- Soak a cloth with hydrogen peroxide
- Dab the sweat stain
- Wash the garment.
13.Clean a sweat stain with baking soda
The baking soda is effective in removing a sweat stain on a garment. To do this:
- In a basin, pour two tablespoons of baking soda in water
- Soak the stained garment in it
- Leave on for several hours
- Rinse well
- Then put in the washing machine and run a program at 40 degrees.
14. Remove a sweat mark with soda crystals
Soda crystals are a more reliable stain remover than baking soda. To clean a sweat stain with soda crystals, you need to:
- Pour soda crystals into hot water (a coffee cup of soda crystals for a liter of water)
- Soak the stained garment in it;
To avoid any risk of skin irritation, household gloves should be worn when handling soda crystals. Wearing glasses is also recommended. It is advisable to store crystals out of the reach of children.
15. Prevent the appearance of sweat spots with cold water
To avoid getting sweat stains, rinse clothes prone to sweat stains in cold water and gently rub underarms and other problem areas before washing in the machine. If your garment is already showing signs of yellowing, do not use hot water for washing, as this will only set the stains.
16. Use 70 ° alcohol to clean a sweat stain
The alcohol at 70 ° neutralizes perspiration stains and bacteria contained in these spots.
Here are the steps to follow to remove a sweat stain from clothing:
- Dab the trace using a cloth soaked in 70 ° alcohol
- Rub the affected area with soap
- Rinse again
- Put the garment in the machine.
17. Remove sweat stains with a meat tenderizer
Tenderize tough sweat stains. Before washing a damaged sweater, dampen the underarm stains and spray them with a powdered meat tenderizer. Then wash as usual.
18. Remove sweat stains with aspirin
Before you lose all hope of ever getting rid of that yellowish sweat stain that stains your beautiful white shirt, try this: crush two aspirin tablets and mix the resulting powder with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of lukewarm water. Soak the stained parts in this solution for two or three hours.
19. Dishwashing liquid
Are you facing a tough stain that refuses to go from yellow to white? Mix one part dishwashing liquid with two parts hydrogen peroxide. Rub it into the stain and leave it on for an hour.
20. Overcome a stubborn sweat stain
To remove a stubborn sweat stain, you need to:
- Combine water and lemon juice in a bowl
- Add salt and baking soda
- Spread this mixture on the affected surface using a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Gently rub the sweat stain
- Let stand and dry
- Rinse with cold water
- Wash the garment.