Hormonal imbalances, stress, lack of vitamin, and hair loss affect 50% of men under 50 years old. But solutions exist to stop or slow it down—our advice to beat baldness.
Why is hair falling out?
Our hair is constantly renewed; in humans, it has a life cycle of about 3 years. This cycle is, however, longer in women. The hair follows a cycle of 3 phases :
- An “ anagen ” growth phase (from 3 to 6 years, depending on the sex of the individual). The hair is in full life; it takes about 0.3 mm per day.
- In a “ catagen ” transition phase (from 15 to 20 days), the hair no longer grows and waits for its replacement to dislodge it.
- In a “ telogen ” phase (from 2 to 3 months), the hair is dead.
Several factors contribute to the fall:
- Age: when they reach menopause, women lose their hair more.
- Heredity: baldness is a phenomenon strongly determined by heredity.
- Hormonal upheavals: an end of pregnancy, for example, can cause hair loss.
- The nature of the hair: the finer the hair, the easier it falls.
- The use of the straightening or curling iron.
- Excess food, such as eating too much fat, causes hair loss.
- Deficiencies in iron or vitamins.
- Seasonal changes should also be taken into account, mainly spring and fall.
How to avoid falls?
- Apply hair loss lotions and fortifying oils to nourish the roots of your hair.
- Prefer mild shampoos
- Apply a conditioner that detangles and strengthens the hair.
- Twice a year, take capsules rich in food supplements.
- Style your hair with delicacy.
- Avoid tying them too regularly.
- Do not overuse the straightening or curling iron.
- After applying your shampoo, rinse your hair well: some products can attack your hair.
- Rinse your hair regularly with lukewarm water when you go to the beach or swimming pool.
- Prefer drying in the open air with a hairdryer.
How to make them grow back?
- Sleep well at night and adopt a balanced life rhythm: poor hygiene of life shortens the hair cycle.
- Cut the tips regularly.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Be careful to have a balanced diet rich in protein, iron, vitamins A and C and zinc, and magnesium.
- Regularly massage the scalp in circular movements, which promotes hair regrowth.
- Local “growth activator” products ensure faster growth by strengthening the hair.
Tips and remedies to prevent baldness
1. Eat well to delay baldness
Your hair, like your body, depends on good nutrition for good health. Therefore, she needs vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A and B12, as well as quality protein in sufficient quantities.
Did you know that a lack of biotin in your diet can accelerate hair loss?
Indeed, biotin is an important element for the health of your hair. Indeed, a biotin deficiency can accelerate hair loss and thin.
It is mainly found in dairy products and nuts, but for those who cannot consume these products, it is possible to turn to biotin supplements.
2. Good hydration to slow down baldness
Just as diet will affect the health of your hair, so will hydration. Since the hair makeup is a quarter of water, drink at least eight to twelve glasses of water per day to stay hydrated, and promote healthy hair growth.
3. Maintain your hair well to avoid baldness
Since the hair is fragile, be sure to treat it gently.
- Choose mild cleansers and apply a hair mask once a week.
- Avoid boiling water when washing and brushing your hair when it is wet. They are more easily broken when wet. Instead, detangle your hair with your fingers or by using a wide-toothed comb.
- As much as possible, let your hair air-dry rather than using a hairdryer.
- Plus, visit your barber regularly to refresh your cut and maintain your ends.
4. Castor oil to control hair loss
Castor oil has excellent properties to encourage hair growth and is considered an effective remedy for baldness.
To use castor oil, just:
- Heat a little oil for a few minutes.
- Then gently rub the scalp and hair to allow the oil to penetrate.
- Leave on for a few hours, preferably overnight, then wash the hair with a mild shampoo.
5. Slow down baldness with green tea
Applying green tea to the hair has been shown to help reduce the problem of baldness.
Here’s how to use green tea on your hair:
- Infuse two green tea bags in a cup of water and let cool.
- Then apply green tea to the hair.
- Leave on for an hour, then rinse the hair well to finish.
6. Delay baldness with plants
- Nettle: the ‘ Nettle is a plant that grows almost anywhere globally and is recognized for its ability to reduce hair loss while helping regrowth. After washing your hair with a mild shampoo, apply nettle infusion to your hair. Gently massage the scalp, and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Fenugreek: As for it, fenugreek has the property of reducing hair loss and promoting regrowth. As this herb is rich in vitamins A, E, C, B6 and B12, iron, zinc, and protein, it will also help improve your overall health. In tablet or capsule form, fenugreek can also be used as an infusion that will then be applied to the hair.
- Rosemary: Rosemary is also recognized for its stimulating properties on the scalp, strengthening the hair and giving it more shine. Also, consumed as an infusion regularly allows the hair to darken slightly and thus reduce gray hair appearance. To use as a hair mask, steep fresh rosemary sprigs in olive oil for a few days. Then, apply this oil to your hair by gently massaging the scalp. Leave it on overnight before washing your hair with a mild shampoo. Alternatively, you could also add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to your shampoo. Please note, this plant is not recommended for pregnant women!
- Aloe: For its part, aloe gel helps stimulate blood circulation to the scalp while strengthening hair. Make it a mask by applying it to your hair, massaging your scalp well but gently, and let sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
7. Coconut oil to slow down hair loss
Coconut oil will help you slow hair loss while keeping it hydrated and healthy. To do this,
- Apply coconut oil all over the hair, massaging the scalp well and insisting on the ends.
- Then wrap the hair with a hot towel and leave to act overnight.
- The next day, wash the hair as usual, with a mild shampoo.
8. Fenugreek oil to fight hair loss
Fenugreek oil is a natural product and more and more popular with men and women looking to fight against hair loss.
This natural oil is rich in:
- Vitamin B1 and B2
- Vegetable proteins
What’s great about this oil is that it is also effective in treating broken and poorly hydrated hair in addition to helping against baldness and alopecia.
If you want to test and buy fenugreek oil for hair, Cryotonic Beauté is the place to get it at the best price online.
9. Medicated products to fight baldness
There are several products on the market to fight baldness. In the forms of anti-baldness shampoos, treatment masks, and even tablets, some are formulated to slow hair loss and others to stimulate hair regrowth.
However, it is advisable to discuss this with a doctor or dermatologist before starting such treatment to ensure that it is right for you.
10. How to hide the onset of baldness?
If your baldness is becoming more and more noticeable, know that there are different ways to hide it. Certain products, including mattifying powders, will help create the illusion of fuller hair. Hair coloring can also have this effect by making the hair bigger.
On the side of cosmetic surgery, it is possible to permanently fight against baldness by opting for hair implantation using different techniques. Be sure to deal with a doctor who has made it his specialty to avoid more serious problems.