Current phones are equipped with various high-tech features. While Samsung is equipped with its voice assistant called S Voice, Android offers the famous Google Assistant. However, both can be intrusive at some point. Fortunately, they can be turned off when needed.
Steps to turn off a phone’s voice assistant
The voice assistant can be removed from the smartphone in case it becomes more bulky than practical. Just do the following:
- Start the assistance by pressing and holding the ” Home ” button ;
- Tap on the icon color blue displaying a small drawer ;
- Tap on the menu icon (the one with the three dots aligned vertically) to select “ Settings ” thereafter;
- Among the options listed in the “Devices” section, select the smartphone (for example, Telephone);
- Disable ” Google Assistant. “
Temporarily remove the S Voice voice assistant from your smartphone.
Allowing you to perform certain tasks, Samsung’s S Voice voice assistant is currently available on all smartphones in the Galaxy range. However, it can be removed for various reasons, including when it slows down the device. To temporarily deactivate it, proceed as follows:
- Locate the Home button located at the bottom of the smartphone screen;
- Make a quick double click on it by typing twice in succession;
- Wait a moment while the S Voice page launches;
- Tap on the menu icon at the top right of the window;
- Select ” Parameters “;
- Look for the option ” Open via home key “;
- Uncheck its small activation box.
Block the S Voice assistant from your smartphone
Temporarily or permanently disabling the S Voice voice assistant saves the Galaxy smartphone’s battery and makes it more responsive. If the temporary deactivation solution is not enough, it is also possible to permanently block this functionality:
- Go to the settings of the smartphone, then ” Application ” or ” Application manager”;
- Select ” S Voice ” in the list of installed applications;
- Press the “ Deactivate ” button and wait for the warning message ;
- Confirm the blocking request by tapping ” Deactivate ” again.