If you already have your heat gun, it will be essential to be able to use it. And for that, I give you some tips to apply. You can then use it efficiently for high-quality work.
Precautions to take
Like most DIY devices you have, you have to pay attention to certain things. You should know that the temperature of the invention can rise to more than 600 degrees, and to avoid accidents, it is often recommended to wear a pair of gloves that are not rubber. You will prevent burns.
A pair of goggles is also highly recommended, as well as adequate clothing.
Never put your hand in front of a hot heat gun. Because even if there are no visible flames, the heat is present.
Use a heat gun
The heat gun is straightforward to use. As you probably know, you can do a lot of work at home, such as taking off wallpaper or softening the paint.
To use your heat gun effectively, you will need to adjust the temperature you want. It will always start with the minimum temperature, and increase as and when.
The rules to follow:
- Change the nozzle according to the work you will need to do. Some vents are more adequate than others for some specific jobs.
- Plugin your device and set the minimum temperature
- Put about 15 cm away from the target spot and press the start button on the device (the trigger)
- Orient the nozzle at a 45-degree angle
Some tips for choosing your heat gun:
We advise you to pay attention to some essential criteria to choose your heat gun if you do not have some in your tool kit :
- The temperature: First, make sure to choose a heat gun whose temperature varies between 50 ° C and 650 ° C and which can be adjusted with several bearings.
- Power: This is the other determining factor since it depends on the speed at which the device warms up.
- The airflow: Generally varying between 200 and 500 l / min depending on the model, it determines the speed with which the airflow escapes from the heat gun.
- The different nozzles: Having enough accessories will allow you to use your scraper at its maximum potential and to do all possible work with it. Remember to check that your model has at least one conical nozzle, a reduction nozzle, a reflective nozzle, and a scraper.