In this article, we will try to show you how to use a hydration bladder. First, the way to fill the bladder is given below:
How to fill a hydration bladder
- Open the container by sliding the Widepac ™ closure sideways and fold it upwards. (Drawing 1)
- Press lightly on the opening of the hydration bladder from left and right and fill the container. (Drawing 2)
- The hydration bladder is used to store cold as well as warm drinks (up to 60ºC / 140ºF). You can also add ice for cold drinks, or even freeze water in the container overnight (only fill 3/4 to freeze!).
- Fold the top and slide the Widepac ™ closure back over the opening. (Drawing 3)
Caution: Do not fill with boiling water.
Note: Only one end of the Widepac ™ slider is open, but the slider can be placed on the hydration bladder from left or right.
How to Drink with a Hydration Valve?
- At the first use: Remove the hygienic plastic wrap.
- Unlock the mouthpiece by turning it 180º counterclockwise.
- To drink, bite, and suck gently on the Helix ™ silicone mouthpiece.
- To lock the bite valve, turn the mouthpiece 180 ° clockwise until it snaps into place.
Note: For maximum water flow, only bite lightly. Excessive biting will block the valve opening.
Tip: To avoid the first sip of water on hot days: Lightly bite the Helix-Valve ™ for a few seconds after drinking. Meanwhile, keep your lips apart to let air into the tube. The liquid that is in the container flows back into the reservoir and stays cool.
How to dry the hydration system after use?
With regular use with drinking water, there is no need to dry or clean the system. Just fill and drink, over and over again, without special care. As long as your drinking water is not exposed to direct sunlight, the water in your system will stay fresh for days and even weeks. If you use it with energy drinks or sweetened liquids, we recommend cleaning after each use.
To dry the hydration system.
- Open the hydration bladder by sliding the Widepac ™ Shield sideways and unfold it.
- Hang the hydration bladder overhead until completely dry. Put the lock in the handle between the holes so that it stays open. To accelerate drying, remove the tube and insert it into the hydration bladder (see picture). You can also dry the hydration bladder with paper towels.
- After drying, fold the bladder at the wide opening and push back the Widepac ™ cap.
Storage of the hydration system
Dry the hydration system as described above. Store it in a clean and dry place.
Tip: After prolonged storage, clean the hydration bladder thoroughly with water and a few drops of lemon juice.
For more information on maintaining your hydration system, see the question below: “Where can I find the care and use instructions for all hydration systems?”