That’s it. You jumped, and you have just acquired your first vacuum machine. Now, it’s a question of how to use it well to preserve it as long as possible and to realize the process of preservation of your products.
The basic rules of using a vacuum machine
For any product, it is essential to use it properly, and even more when it comes to electronic equipment. Below are simple, easy-to-follow tips to help prevent damage to your new machine.
- Respect basic hygiene rules when vacuuming.
- Pack foods at a low temperature to prevent water vapor from escaping into the vacuum bag.
- Ensure that the opening of the soldering bag is always clean and free of wrinkles.
- Condition the liquids in vacuum bags long enough and wide to prevent them from overflowing.
- Pre-freeze liquids before welding.
- Choose vacuum bags suitable for your machine.
- Make product labeling to remember the DLC (expiry date).
- Perform cleaning of the vacuum machine after use. Easy but necessary, you can use a damp sponge or a dry cloth to clean all your equipment (off). The most important thing is always to have a welded bar and clean joints. The vacuum machines presented have a drip bar; it goes directly to the dishwasher.
Tips and tricks to maximize the use of your vacuum packaging machine
- There are many useful tips to know when you have a vacuum machine. Initially, I was quite a mess bag of compression, which represented an additional cost significantly. This waste of plastic was mainly related to improper handling of the machine or to formats poorly suited to the products to be packaged (too long, too wide or too short).
- The first thing you should do is to have the food portions ready to be packed, taking into account that the size of the plastic bags is adequate.
- Then you must put the food inside the bag, taking care not to exceed the total capacity of the bag being half, is a recommended measure, to allow the canner to suck the air and seal it tightly.
- There are packaging machines that allow you to place the food in the center of the bag for better packaging. You must try to make the food as focused as possible.
- Then, open the scanner, and place the end of the mouth of the bag on the edge of the machine, with the rest of the bag facing out.
- Close the lid of the machine and press the button that activates the motor, taking the air out of the bag and sealing the bag with one or two seams.
- Wait a few seconds and watch as the packaging machine sucks all the air out of the bag until it closes.
- Some models come with a series of green and red indicator lights that will let you know when the machine has finished its process.
Open the scanner and remove the bag. Ready. You already have the food correctly vacuum packed.