Red light bulbs can be used if the treatment success can generally be achieved by heat. Infrared light penetrates a few millimeters deep into the irradiated tissue and thus also heats deeper tissue layers. This is the basis of the beneficial effect of the red light lamp.
How to use a red light lamp correctly?
- The application of the red light lamp is made by direct irradiation of the surface to be treated.
- This means that the red light should be aimed directly at the part of the skin to be irradiated.
- Clothes should not be irradiated because the effect on the skin can only be reduced.
- Select a distance of 30 to 50 cm from the red light source and irradiate for a period of 10 to 20 minutes.
- This is generally enough for comprehensive warming.
- If it is right for you, you can easily do the treatment two to three times a day, or more often.
- Make sure that there are no easily flammable or combustible objects near the red light bulb.
- This applies, for example, to paper, clothing, hair, or many other items. Also, observe the specified minimum distance to the red light bulb, as the intense heat may otherwise cause burns to the skin and tissue.
- About the safety instructions and to be maintained minimum distances, you can inform yourself in the instructions for the use of your red light device.
Protect your eyes during red light application
Infrared light and intense heat can be harmful to your eyes. Therefore, avoid looking directly into the red light. Close your eyes during treatment or use protective goggles that you can buy for a few euros, for example, from Amazon. Bear in mind that infrared light may radiate through the thin eyelid. Especially noteworthy is the protection of the eyes in children.
Red light bulbs application in children
If you would like to illuminate your child with red light, pay particular attention to the observance of the given minimum distances to the device and, in advance, ask your pediatrician about possible risks. Do not leave your child unattended with the red light bulb. It develops very high temperatures very quickly and must not be touched, for example. Make sure your child does not look into the red light. Children’s eyes are even more sensitive than those of adults. Here you can wear protective goggles. If you want to use red light bulbs in a baby or toddler, you should first discuss this with your pediatrician.
Consult your doctor if you have any complaints
If you have specific complaints or symptoms worsen by the use of red light, then discuss this necessarily and promptly with your family doctor! Ideally, it would help if you informed him about your project before starting your red light treatment. This allows him to pre-screen you and eliminate any risks that may be posed by the use of red light bulbs.
What do red light lamps use?
Red light can be used to treat problems caused by heating. Do not self-diagnose, but it is best to ask your doctor about the suitability of a red-light irradiation problem.
Red light bulbs can traditionally be used for the treatment of muscle tension, lumbago, rheumatic diseases (consult a doctor!), But also for middle ear infections and sinus problems.