In this article, we will try to give step by step instructions to use a Dyson vacuum cleaner.
What is in the box?
- DC36 vacuum cleaner.
- Telescopic tube.
- Mini Flat Out ™ nozzle.
- operation manual
Assembling the Dyson
- Attach the hose to the hose cuff.
- Connect the hose to the back of the handle.
- Connect the handle to the telescopic tube.
- Set the telescopic tube to the desired length.
- Attach the Mini Flat Out ™ nozzle to the telescopic tube.
- Attach the accessory to the accessory holder and connect it to the telescopic tube.
Using the Mini Flat Out ™ nozzle
- Push the Mini Flat Out ™ nozzle onto the telescopic tube until it clicks into place.
- The two red bars on the bottom of the Mini Flat Out nozzle can be opened to reduce the suction power.
Using the telescopic tube
- Use the release on the telescopic tube to bring it to the desired length.
Using the accessories
- Attach the accessory to the telescopic tube.
- Alternatively, you can attach the accessories directly to the hose. Make sure it locks in noticeably.
Discharge of the transparent container
- Empty the collection container as soon as the dust at one point in the container has reached the height of the MAX line.
- To remove the cyclone unit and clear container, press the container latch on the side of the handle, as shown.
- To dispose of the dirt, press on the red container latch.
- To close the bottom plate again, press it firmly against the container.
- Position the tank and a tank top on the front of the unit. The recess in the bottom of the container must be placed on the designated ‘nose’ and attached.
- Press the handle down until it snaps into place at the top of the container top. Make sure everything is tight.
Note: To avoid contact with dust and other allergens during emptying, you should empty the transparent container into a plastic bag.
How to use the Dyson accessories for vacuum cleaners correctly.
Tips to navigate through the jungle of accessories and not get lost. Some vacuum cleaners are basic range and come with a single brush. But as a general rule, this is accompanied by a few tiny suction tubes, which often end up forgotten in a drawer or a closet. However, if you know how to use them, they are handy. Here are some tips to properly use the accessories of the vacuum cleaner and choose them well before starting to vacuum.
The Turbo brush
The turbo brush is mainly intended for cleaning carpets and carpets. Turning clean, the dust and hair of animals and hair generally trapped in the fibers of the carpet.
This type of brush can also be used on hard floors, although some manufacturers advise against it in their instructions: “if the hairs are difficult, their rotation could damage certain fragile soils.”
On the other hand, the use of this brush on hard floors, whether it is parquet, tiles or linoleum, has one drawback: coarse waste (small garden stones, cat litter, etc.) can be projected instead of aspirated. If your floor is hard, it is better to choose a vacuum cleaner with a special brush for this type of floor.
We can also find in the accessory kit a mini turbo brush that can be optional or included with the reference material provided for pet owners.
This little brush is not used to clean the floor: it is not big enough. However, it can be used to effectively remove pet hair from the sofa, cushions, or on top of the bed. It connects directly to the handle of the vacuum cleaner.
Occasionally, it can also be used to clean small rugs, for example, to get rid of hair from bath mats.
Brush for parquet
The unique hard floor or parquet brush is generally skinny and devoid of a rotating brush. It is framed by a row of more or less stiff hairs. Very easy to use since you only have to connect it to the telescopic tube, and it is often light (lighter than a double position brush).
It is useful in these soils but sometimes tends to retain pet hair on the sides. During the cleaning session, it will be necessary to provide small stops to remove the hair.
The double position brush
The purpose of this type of brush is to be versatile. As its name suggests, it has two different positions to adapt to both hard floors and carpets. You have to know that position one removes the row of hair that is in front, and position two removes it. The position with the bristles out is for use on hard surfaces.
Keep in mind that sometimes (especially since the launch of the energy label), the two-position brushes tend to stick to the floor, especially on hard floors (rarely on the carpet), which is not usually the case with parquet brushes. To avoid this phenomenon or limit it, you have to play with the power that is in the body of the vacuum cleaner, lowering it, or with the airflow fin of the handle. The goal is to vacuum without effort.
The small accessories
Sometimes we do not know what the small accessories that accompany the sled vacuum cleaner are for. In general, there is a long nozzle, a narrow nozzle, and a brush, although the last two are sometimes merged into a single 2 in 1 accessory. These three are attached to the handle, along with the mini turbo brush.
The flat, long nozzle is used to reach places that are difficult to reach with a broader brush: a small space between two pieces of furniture, distances between the furniture and a wall behind a radiator, etc.
The flat tool is usually used for cleaning furniture: dust, a leather or imitation leather sofa, library …
As for the brush, whether round or flat, it can have the same uses as the flat nozzle and also be used to clean fabrics, whether bedspreads, sheets, sofas, cushions, etc.
If pets are present in the home and deposit their hair, it is better to use a mini turbo brush.