The operation is effortless. Fill the SodaStream bottle with water to the level indicated. Tap water is enough. Clip the bottle so that the white nozzle soaks in the water. Press the gasification button until you hear a buzzing sound. During this step, the bottle must be kept upright. Bring the bottle towards you to depressurize and unscrew. Your sparkling water is ready! You can add the aromas of your choice to flavor the sparkling water to your taste. Attention, it is important at this level to use aromas in bottles and to add them only once the water already gasified.
How to prepare the soda?
The soda is prepared merely by adding syrup to the carbonated water. SodaStream sells in France a range of more than 30 flavors in the form of concentrates in 500 ml flasks. For the record:
- cola (cola, sugar-free cola, light cola, cola light without caffeine, cola lime, vanilla cola, cola cherry, cola energy) aromas;
- the XStream Energy range (XStream Energy, XStream Energy spicy lemon);
- citrus flavors (lemon, lime, light lime, lemonade, orange, light orange, blood orange, passion peach orange, pink grapefruit);
- red fruits (grenadine, blackcurrant, red fruits, strawberry, raspberry, raspberry cranberry);
- light base made from stevia (grapefruit, pineapple grapefruit, orange, lemon-lime);
- refreshing scents (peach tea, apple);
- the flavors inspired by plants (mint, tonic).
As you can see, it is not the choice that is missing, but the taste result is variously appreciated according to the tastes of each one. The recommended quantity for 1 liter is one cap maxi; a few drops are enough to prepare sparkling water slightly flavored. Of course, you can also use commercial syrups, knowing that they usually have a higher sugar level than these concentrates.
SODA SYRUP: THE SODASTREAM CONCENTRATE RANGES
Developed by our teams, the range of SodaStream cola syrup allows you to find all the flavors of soda but without added sugar.
For the pleasure of everyone, you can find a multitude of flavors available from the most classic to the most moose to make the soda of your desires.
- Cola: cola, light cola, cola energy, cola lime, …
- Energy drink: stream, …
- Fruity: Orange, lemon, raspberry, …
- Softdrink: Tonic, Iced tea, …
Regular maintenance of the soda machine
To enjoy optimal gasification, you will need to maintain your soda machine regularly. The idea is to preserve its sustainability. In addition to regular maintenance, namely to empty the bottle regularly for hygiene reasons and to clean it; it will be necessary from time to time to change the gas cylinder of your soda machine taking care to keep the same mark to avoid any malfunction.
Maintenance in case of malfunction
If the machine can not gasify the water, change the empty cylinder. Check that the bottle is vertical and filled with water to the mark. Remember that as a precaution, it is best not to remove the cylinder from your SodaStream machine even if you still hear gas escaping and the gasification knob is released.
SodaStream: Clean bubbler
- There is little to clean on the machine itself. Important here is only the bubbler, from which the carbon dioxide comes out. This is a collection point for bacteria.
- You can easily combine the cleaning of the bubbler with the cleaning of the bottles. Simply flip the detergent bottle into the machine and spray some carbon dioxide into the bottle.
- The bubbler is cleaned. Does carbon dioxide very sparingly and carefully. Which cleaning agents are suitable for the SodaStream bottle, we will show you in the next paragraph.
SodaStream: clean bottles properly
- SodaStream recommends its cleaning tabs. However, these can also be replaced by cheaper cleaning tablets from the drugstore and the supermarket.
- Like a good home remedy, you can use a sachet of soda, as well as baking soda. Vinegar and denture cleaners are also effective but can leave odors.
- Just put a desired amount of the selected detergent in the bottle and fill it half full with warm water. Shake the bottle vigorously and let the mixture stand if necessary. Fill the bottle with water.
- For the subsequent regular cleaning usually, also a drop of detergent is sufficient. Cleaning in the washing machine is also possible, but the selected temperature must be below 50 degrees. When cleaning, a bottle brush can also be helpful.