As time goes by and the season’s pass, our plastic furniture and objects can turn yellow and lose their luster. Has the white of your garden furniture given way to a yellowish color for some time?
This article offer tips and homemade recipes to whiten yellowed plastic efficiently and effectively.
1. Bleach the yellowed plastic with the baking soda
The first tip against plastic that has turned yellow over the years is to use a mixture of water and baking soda.
Here’s how to do it:
- Mix baking soda with cold water.
- Mix well to form a kind of malleable dough.
- Spread the dough over the yellow plastic using a damp cloth or sponge.
- Rub to whiten the plastic surface well and rinse to finish cleaning.
2. Use claystone to clean yellowed plastic
Claystone is a natural product that you absolutely must have at home, both for indoor and outdoor work.
This claystone allows you to thoroughly clean various surfaces, including the plastic of your white garden chairs. It’s handy and simple, here is how to do it:
- Take a sponge or a damp cloth and rub the claystone.
- Rub the entire surface of the yellowed plastic, emphasizing the most stubborn stains.
- Rinse with water and repeat as necessary.
3. Clean the yellow spots with white vinegar
A final homemade recipe for removing yellow spots from white plastic is to use the full power of white vinegar.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar with warm water.
- Soak a sponge in this mixture and rub the entire surface of the furniture or yellowed object.
- Rinse with water and dry with a clean, dry cloth.
This tip is useful for bleaching plastic, but for a better result, prefer tip # 1 based on baking soda.