In short, the concentrations allowed by the regulatory standards for domestic ozonizers are safe, so the use of these devices can not endanger health. The domestic ozonizers are designed for the treatment of atmospheres, surfaces, food, and water by injecting this gas in minimum amounts in the air or the water. As we have pointed out, after its performance, which lasts only a few minutes, ozone becomes oxygen, considered innocuous for people and the environment. In its toxicology sheet, ozone is not regarded as carcinogenic, but rather an irritant in the air for a specific time of exposure and at certain levels of concentration, which do not reach domestic ozonizers.
At the international level, the recommendations of the WHO, which stipulates a maximum concentration of ozone in the air for the general public of 0.05 ppm (0.1 mg / m3), for daily exposures of eight hours, are a reference. That the safety recommendation of the Spanish legislation of <100 μg / m3 (UNE 400-201-94), which is based on WHO recommendations. As for its dissolution in water, its rapid decomposition and other factors associated with domestic ozonizers, such as its low concentration, allow safe use for the disinfection of drinking water. Its use, respecting the safety recommendations of the regulations, does not represent any problem. Specifically, ozone is authorized as a coadjuvant in the treatment of drinking water. At the same time, it is recognized as a disinfectant in the purification of water (UNE-EN 1278: 1999), in addition to authorizing its use in the presence of people and food, depending on the Royal Decree 140/2003, of February 7.
On the other hand, the community legislation includes ozone in the list of biocidal products that can be marketed in Directive 98/8 / EC of the European Parliament and the Council of February 16, 1998. This regulatory framework framed the use of ozonizers domestic.
Ozone Generator Safety Precautions
- To affirm that domestic ozonizers are safe devices implies, logically, that we use them following the instructions that the manufacturer attaches to each device. They are necessary indications that suppose a very general and simple direction to follow at the time of using them.
- The characteristics of domestic ozonizers make them safe devices, and not only because of the minute dose of ozone that is included in the tools, but also because of their automated operation.
- The fact that they are electronic devices, which in many models supposes a significant technological complexity, is not an obstacle at the time of offering the user the maximum comfort and ease of use. This implies, on the other hand, excellent safety in their use, since they do not require specialized knowledge for their management. On the contrary, it is enough to follow the clear and elementary instructions that are detailed in the documentation that accompanies them.
- It is, in short, to connect them using the respective power button and let them act, if we wish, by using a timer that will turn them off automatically. In the same way, devices with more features allow us to program them in a more personalized way to perform treatments tailored to our needs, but also in a straightforward manner.
- So things, when choosing the ozonizer or domestic ozonizers that best respond to our requirements, choosing an ideal, effective, and safe device will be much easier if we acquire it through reliable manufacturers and distributors.